• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Poor Coverage at Home

coolio86

Apr 30, 2011
I just got the Evo 3D from Kansas City MO, and it had 4G most of the time I had the phone on...right until 10 minutes from my house in Florida. I turned 4G off and started to lose 3G bars, by the time I got home no data connection at all.

The sprint employee that sold me the phone the very kind and helping and don't get me wrong I love the phone and don't want to have to return it. I was wondering if anyone had any experience in getting their bill lowered in situations like this. Any suggestions? (it's quite expensive considering I get no coverage in my own neighborhood)

Also how effective is an airrave? Does it cost monthly? If the bill isn't lowered, do you think Sprint will give this to me for free?

the airave would fix your issue, however the unit is over $100usd and i believe it costs $5.00 per month. if you are what sprint calls a power user (multiple phones with everything plans) often they will send you an airave for free and waive the $5.00 monthly fee. you might also have sprint send out one of their techs to analyze why you have no signal in your area. in my case they determined i had converging signals from multiple towers jamming each other and they could not adjust the towers to fix the problem, hence why i have an airave.

Upvote 0
I don't think it's fair if the only solution is an airrave and they charge me for it.

From what I understand, If the town/city/area you live in has Sprint coverage, and its just your house that happens to be in a little "dead zone," Sprint will give you the Airave for Free, as well as waive the monthly service fee that goes along with it. Just, call, ask, and be nice, the'll probably hook you up. If not, repeat with another associate. Luckily, Sprint gives you 30 days to walk away without paying a dime if you cannot find a resolution. I would think they'd give you the Airave for free though.

Upvote 0
From what I understand, If the town/city/area you live in has Sprint coverage, and its just your house that happens to be in a little "dead zone," Sprint will give you the Airave for Free, as well as waive the monthly service fee that goes along with it. Just, call, ask, and be nice, the'll probably hook you up. If not, repeat with another associate. Luckily, Sprint gives you 30 days to walk away without paying a dime if you cannot find a resolution. I would think they'd give you the Airave for free though.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones