• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Poor Customer Service: Spigen

5280Man

Aug 16, 2010
I am posting this up to alert anyone looking to purchase a Spigen case that their warranty department is lacking in customer service. I purchased an S4 and then began the search for the right case for me. After reading all the reviews on here in the case thread I decided on the Spigen Neo Case. I purchased a case through an eBay reseller. I paid the same price I would have on their website. It came in the original packaging, sealed and with the authentication paper to register the product. I registered it and went on my way using the case. After about a month and a half the case broke at the bottom around the charging port. The plastic is quite thin there. I contacted Spigen. It took them weeks to get back to me. They requested my order number. I responded with all my info and the fact that I registered the product. I still have not heard anything. It's been almost a month since I started this process, all while my phone is naked.

I'm sorry but I ordered one of the most expensive cases on the market and did not buy a knock off. So, I'm here sharing my experiences with Spigen. I doubt I ever do business with them again. Their customer service is horrible. Last time I spend that kind of money on this company.

If you're on the fence between two cases and one of them is a Spigen product I suggest taking my experience into account before shelling out that kind of dough for their product. Again, just my experience....

Customer service is something that I try to research before I buy a product. I heard Otterbox had good service and took care of its customers so when I needed a case I bought an Otterbox Defender as it fit my needs.

When I did need service...I got great service. I posted a comment about it here: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/696038-galaxy-s4-cases-covers-10.html#post6124433

An FYI regarding warranty service from Otterbox....

My Defender case inner shell was starting to 'squeak' in the lower left hand corner when held because a small gap developed between the two halves of the inner shell. I filled out the warranty claim this morning (this is at about 8AM PST Saturday morning), uploaded a couple of photos of the case and got a reply that I will hear back in 48 hours (business days). Then, 15 minutes later I get another e-mail saying they are FedEx-ing me a new case.

That's what I call service. Kudos to Otterbox.

I'm just posting this because your comment about Spigen's customer service is important and hopefully it may help someone in deciding on which case to buy. And the more people post about these problems, the better chance the company may improve its customer service or the quicker it will go out of business. Objective comments about products (good or bad) are very helpful and are a boon to consumers who take advantage of them

These (off-topic and rambling) comments are not targeted at the OP...they are just general observations....

Most buying decisions are based on price. Lowest price doesn't always end up being the least expensive. As an example, when buying a vehicle some people may look at two similar models with similar specs from different manufacturers. But one is more expensive because it's a built by a company with a more solid reputation. However, over the life of the vehicle, the more expensive vehicle ends up being cheaper due to lower maintenance costs, lower insurance premiums and higher resale value. So, buying cheap is not always cheaper.

Of course, researching products to death just to buy a case for a smartphone is overly anal and time consuming. But, at least with the Internet, we (anal folk) have that option.

Sorry to hear about your problems with Spigen and sorry for the long-winded, far-ranging post.

Reactions: josborne6
Upvote 0
Wow, I have to disagree. I have purchased several Spigen cases for both, my iPhone 5 and GS4. My GS4 Slim armor shell started to show wear in a few places after a week of minimal use. I contacted Spigen, enclosed photo's of the issue; they had an replacement to me within three days. I also had another issue with an order I placed (I clicked and ordered the wrong case), they were able to correct the problem before the order shipped. It ended up being a few dollars more, but since I had purchased other cases from them, they did not charge me for the difference.
Spigen has been great to me and I think their products are great.

I think a lot of the issue has to be with the re-seller. I always order directly from Spigen, and yet to experience anything but top notch customer service and speedy shipping.

I am not taking anything away from your experience, and I am sorry this happened, but I have to stick up for the company that has taken care of me. Since a re-seller is involved, it seems the contact person and warrenty issue, should be honored by the re-seller. I know if you order a Spigen case from Amazon, they have their own "Amazon" Spigen warrenty area.

I hope you get things worked out.

For those of you reading this and are on the fence about Spigen, this is an isolated issue. Visit Spigen's website directly, and if you are interested in ordering a product, order directly from them.

Regards,

Patrick

Upvote 0
Sorry but I got to ask, if you paid the same price on eBay as it was on their website, why even go through eBay ? Every company would be careful in providing support or even warranty on items purchased on eBay ..You can get perfect knock-offs which look legit, but are fake. Especially with non-electronic items which don't carry a serial number or service tag.

Upvote 0
...For those of you reading this and are on the fence about Spigen, this is an isolated issue. Visit Spigen's website directly, and if you are interested in ordering a product, order directly from them.

Regards,

Patrick

Sorry, but as stated above I had the exact same issue and never even heard back from them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones