Poor resolution on contact pictures??

Last Updated:

1. stevep94

stevep94 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have added a few photos to my contacts but the resolution on both the thumbnail and contact picture while dialling is shocking!!! :(
    Can anyone suggest a way to improve them??

Cheers Steve

Advertisement
  2. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

Its Googles fault. If you have set them up as Google contacts, when it syncs it replaces your contact pic with a low resolution one. The only solution so far is to disable contact sync back to Google (which is only a problem when you change or add new ones). Then your contacts will keep whatever pic you assign to them in full res. Or you could change them to phone contacts but then you wont have a backup online.

3. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member

Just imagine how much mobile data you would use if you had to sync Hi res contact pictures to google?

4. stevep94

stevep94 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies guys!!!

Not a lot I can do I guess - just annoying that you cant choose to just sync the data instead of the pic aswell!!!! :confused:

SteveP

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Yeah, I just use the facebook pics. Their resolution is much better (in people widget anyway).

6. mikebell

mikebell Well-Known Member

A reasonable quality JPEG file with a square aspect ratio and width of 480 pixels (that of the Desire's screen) can be achieved in less than 60KB. I don't know how the Google sync protocol works but there are trivial ways to ensure that a data transfer over the wire only happens when it is actually necessary for that to happen.

The occasional 60KB transfer does not strike me as being much of an overhead, even over GSM.