Poor Signal on Inc.General

Last Updated:

1. Rez90

Rez90 Member This Topic's Starter

So i'm typically at work or home. At home i usually have between 1-2 signal bars (3g) on my Inc while my wife's blackberry has 3-4 bars.

and while at work, i have 0-1 bars while my buddy 10 feet away with a moto driod has 3 bars in 3g.

Does the Inc inherently have poor signal strength? or do i have a dud?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jgigs

jgigs Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's a display glitch or not, cause even when I have 1 bar, my call quality is fantastic.

3. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member

The Inc underestimates your call signal, as has been discussed before. It should be as fast as the DROID or bb. Hope this helps!

4. rogers259

rogers259 Member

Well I'm going to stop by the VZW store this afternoon while out at lunch and see what the issue is. I'm only getting 1 bar and 3g keeps droping in and out sitting here at work. At my house its not registering any bars and its getting no 3g. WTF??? Now the phone isnt PUSHing gmail like it was when I first got the phone. 3 dropped calls last night at the house talking to a land line and I was just sitting in the family room.

At the house I'm getting -106dBm at work its 89-96 dBm. Not sure whats going on but my wifes incredible is doing the same exact thing. Ran *228 cell up date to try and see if that did anything but its still just the same.

I really don't care to go back to ATT but atleast I had service and got my e-mails.

LOVE this phone...but the issues are a bit much.

Matt

5. sunthas

sunthas Well-Known Member

There was an article in Men's Health about how when the bars are lower on a cell phone, that the cell phone boosted the power on the signal. So bars indeed matter. Not that I believe the radiation is harmful... however, lower power usage would be better. So if the signal is being boosted by power to make up for the low bars that might explain some batter y problems people have been having?

I also had a blackberry with max bars at home and 1-2 now with the DI.

6. HTCIncredible

HTCIncredible Well-Known Member

I notice the same thing. I only have 2 bars normally, rarely 3. Then my 3G icon...goes off and on...never really staying on. But, I haven't had any trouble with calling, or texting. Sometimes when I text It'll say unable to send but my moto droid did that sometimes as well. What does everyone thing I should do?

7. jsward12

jsward12 Well-Known Member

Join the club. I might be going back to ATT where my Nexus One showed 4 bars compared to the 1 bar the Inc shows. Doesnt give me the warm and fuzzies.