• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Poor wifi signal after manual froyo update

Hello, I am new to the forum so I hope I provide adequate information. I manually updated to android version 2.2. Everything is running good so far even the flash player with the exception of my wifi. Prior to the update I typically had 2 or 3 bars on the wifi meter in my house, but now I have zero bars even when sitting next to the router.
Model number: Droid
Android version: 2.2
Baseband version: C_01.43.01P
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g103d848android-build@apa26#1
Build number: FRG01B

I have performed several reboots and battery pulls. I also tried removing the battery and waiting several hours to use the phone with no luck.

I reinstalled the larger 76mb froyo version, performed several reboots, and battery pulls. I downloaded wifi analyzer. My network and my neighbors networks are showing up, they cycle from a good signal to a bad signal. My network is ranging from approximately -50-60 dBm to -100 dBm every few seconds. I am even more confused; I ran a speed test and my download was much improved ~1.5-2 Mbps (2.1) vs. 2.81-5.32 Mbps (2.2), but then I could not get it to even test (-0.00 Mbps).

Thanks in advance.

I am here with the same problems - no WiFi after update of Moto Droid. Unrooted, waited for official update. The Wifi does not work at home, where it worked before and does not work in public places it used to work. Restarting the router and resetting the phone does not work. What the settings menu keeps saying is ....
Scanning ...
Connecting...
Obtaining IP adress ...
Disconnected

Upvote 0
One thing that happened to me was my WiFi would connect but it would only show the dot for signal strength. I would get over 10 Mbps download speed. Looking in WiFi preferences it would go from poor signal to excellent signal over and over again. I tried enabling the SSID Broadcast and everything has been fine since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones