Poor YouTube Player Video QualitySupport

Last Updated:

1. darthkir

darthkir Member This Topic's Starter

When I play youtube with the std youtube player in the galaxy, how come the video quality is poor compare to pc viewing?

Pls advise.

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

My Youtube videos certainly look as good on my S as they do on a PC, same with other YouTube videos that I've watched on the S.

You're not comparing YouTube HD videos you watch on your PC, to the ones you see on your S are you? Because the S does not do YouTube HD.

3. darthkir

No, not the HD ones. I am baffled as to what is causing this. Is there any other way to test this, perhaps with other player?

4. hogofddyn_

hogofddyn_ Well-Known Member

Do you have Wi-fi enabled?

My Galaxy S was set to play the lowest quality stream by default when youtubing over the mobile data network, but the high quality version when using Wi-fi.

Guess it's a bandwith saving measure.

5. darthkir

No this is on 3G, have yet to test on wi-fi now that u have mentioned it. Where is this setting? I dont recall seing it in the app setting.

6. singsong

singsong Member

You can select from the menu button operation to view in HQ mode.:)

darthkir likes this.
  7. ilikeeverythin

ilikeeverythin New Member

For anyone having problems on their Galaxy Nexus viewing YouTube videos in High Quality read this:

I was having issues from the the first day I couldn't get youtube videos to come in high quality - didn't matter if I went to youtube on the browser version - they looked terrible, like I was on my old blackberry -lol.

The fix for me was when I went into settings>apps and then all apps - then I cleared all the cache and data and presto -- I was able to view high quality youtube videos.

Hope this helps some people out.