POP 3 email won't loadSupport

Last Updated:

1. Vanagram

Vanagram New Member

I have both my personal email and work email pointed to my mezmerize. Exchange Server (work) loads fine. But my POP 3 account (personal) just says "loading" constantly, but the email never actually loads.

When I go into account settings, outgoing mail is fine, but when it tries to verify the inbound server settings, it too just says "loading" but I never get an error message and I never get email.

When I first got the phone, my personal email worked but took it into USCC and they "upgraded" the software and now POP 3 won't work.

2. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

If you are using the stock email app, it is complete garbage. (Although usually, people have no problem with POP3, its exchange that gives them fits. You get a gold star for doing it backwards!)

Try loading the K9 mail app and see if that cures the issues for you.
  3. seckert

seckert New Member

I am using Android 2.2.1 operating system. I have the same "Loading messages" message when attempting to fetch email from my POP 3 account. Here is what I observed that brings the problem up for me: I have WiFi turned on in my phone because I have WiFi in my home. When I leave my house, the phone auto switches to the 3G network and email fetch works. But when I come back home where my WiFi is located, the phone does show the WiFi icon but it also shows "Loading messages". That message will stay on the phone continuously and no email will be downloaded from the POP 3 server. I go to the Task Manager and END the email application. I then go to Home and tap on Email application. Then, the email application will work just fine and down load email from my POP 3 account. This entire scenerio will be repeated if I once again leave my house and return. I cannot tell if this is a problem with the email application or with Android 2.2.1
  4. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

It is a problem with the stock email application.
  5. mxcheer419

mxcheer419 Member

I'm giving the K9 mail app a try.. cuz I dont recieve my emails on the POP3 account either