• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

POP E-mails all show sent to gmail account

Eric2

Dec 30, 2009
I have a few POP e-mail accounts that I access through the stock e-mail tool. I noticed the other day that e-mails received by any of these accounts show the "To" address to be my gmail address. (They do NOT go to my gmail account.)

I noticed this after updated the gmail app, but can't swear to it that this is what triggered this odd behavior.

Those of you that have POP mail account access on your phones, could you check and see what it shows to the "To" address? Is it your gmail account?

When I check these same e-mails on a computer, they all show up normally. So again, this is just some weird "mislabeling" problem. It causes no apparent issues, but just wondering why this might be. (Conspiracy theory; Google is having "ghost" copies of my e-mails sent to them, so they can mine them for data. ;) )

Thoughts and comments?

Mine show From by default. If I click on the arrow it shows To being whatever pop account the message was received by. If I hit reply any any account it brings up the address of origin as it should. I don't know exactly what you are seeing but I hope this helps you sort it out.

Mine shows "From" by default, as well, but when I click on the down arrow, it shows my gmail account address, instead of the actual POP account it was received by. Have you updated the gmail app to what ever the latest is? Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones