POP Email QuestionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jbeck013

jbeck013 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just recently purchased the HTC Droid Eris. I have a POP email account for my business and have successfully set it up on my phone.

The problem i am having is from what I can tell it only checks for emails at the least every 5 minutes. I can't have this for my business. Exchange requires a minimum of 5 users - which is not cost effective for me.

If I move my domain to Google Apps would they push my email over to my phone faster?

Are there any alternatives for me to receive my business email faster?

Thanks everyone for any help.

Advertisement
  2. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure the K9 mail app supports push mail.

3. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

It's obviously up to you to decide how you want to run your life and/or business, but I'll point out that if your customers are e-mailing you, then they either:

(1) Don't have an expectation of an immediate response (why would they be using e-mail for that?)

-OR-

(2) You haven't provided them any other means of reaching you quickly, and are already irritated that you are forcing them to use e-mail to reach you about urgent matters.

Something to consider, anyway - in addition to the fact that if you are operating the handsets' radio once a minute (let's say), you are going to have relatively poor battery life between charges.

eu1