pop email refresh fails

1. skipcooney

skipcooney Active Member

I have two pop email accounts (Comcast and Hotmail) set up on my stock Moto Droid using the stock android email program. Both accounts get caught up in an endless effort to download new mail. The email refresh icon just spins on and on with no new mail coming through. If I power cycle the Droid, the email starts flowing for a while, maybe a day or two, then the refresh process stalls again.

Has anyone had this problem with the android stock email program? Did you find a solution?

I am considering a switch to K-9 email. Would that take care of it?
    How about forwarding my other accounts to gmail? The comcast account is shared with another user, so I don't want to delete mail from the comcast server when it is forwarded to gmail.

Advertisement
    :
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I use K-9 for my POP3 accounts, and the stock email for my Exchange acct at work. I am using Froyo 2.2 however. I recommend you try K-9.
  3. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I also recommend you switch to K-9 mail. I have my pop accounts set up in the stock email app and in K-9 mail. I've had them set up this way for about a month now and I definitely notice a difference between the two.

K-9 will notify me of new email every time I get new email while the stock mail app only notifies me of new email for about 7 out of 10 new emails.

K-9 is the way to go, at least until 2.2 comes out. However, it may still be the way to go after 2.2 comes out. I guess we won't know until 2.2 actual comes out.

Kratos
  4. skipcooney

skipcooney Active Member

Thanks. I'll try K-9 and let you know how it works out.
  5. skipcooney

skipcooney Active Member

Five days using K-9 instead of the stock email client, and I am very pleased with how it is working. Emails are getting pushed into my inbox from two pop3 accounts and one IMAP account with no problems. Works well in wifi mode at home as well. Deleted mail does not come back on later downloads. So far so good.