pop/imap email questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. phillydroid

phillydroid Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Everyone,

Hoping for some input here. I'm trying to sync my work email with my eris. On my blackberry it worked no problem. With my eris i cant get it to work through exchance, pop, or imap. I've tried a few different things too such as using imap.mail.workadddress.org vs mail. etc etc.

Nothing seems to work, it always says that there is a server error. Problem is that there isn't a problem with the server. All my colleques are getting their's no problem and the IT guy told me that it should work on any of those three methods.

Any input? Anything stupid i could be missing here?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. phillydroid

3. phillydroid

Still can't believe no one else is having this problem?

I downloaded touchdown and it seems to be working, it gives you a 5 day trial and then it costs 10bucks. I really like it so far and it syncs my work email and calender.

4. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i think this may be because a lot of us (i would think, me at least) dont use the email app. i forward all my emails to gmail so it is instantly delivered.

i am so used to instant email on bb that waiting for them bugs the ish outta me.

5. phillydroid

I hear ya caddy, personally i like to keep my work and personal stuff separate. You can set in gmail though that when you respond to something from @work it sends it from @ work???

using touchdown so far i am getting my emails and syncing very quick it seems. But i am also the type of person that doesn't like to be interrupted by them. I keep the notifications off and I look at it when i want to see them, so in that case i can always just hit refresh to see if there is anything within the last few minutes i didn't get.

6. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Yeah i dont do work emails on my phone (or anywhere but work...lol)

but i do own 5 websites, and I webmaster for about 10 more, so i need a fast response and connection....and yes you can send emails "as"

7. phillydroid

Cool, Thanks Caddy,

What's your take on what he says in that article about touchdown:

"
    But it turns out that TouchDown inaccurately reports the Droid's ActiveSync policy support, according to NitroDesk's support staff. "You should not be using Exchange by TouchDown in its current version because it may indeed be reporting EAS [Exchange ActiveSync] policies incorrectly in the current version. The next version will report it correctly. ... We had been waiting for encryption support at the file level for Android databases, but it may never get implemented," the support staff e-mailed me.
    NitroDesk is looking to add its own encryption at the field level and has beguin beta-testing that capability, although the invitation to join that beta program notes it could slow down the Droid. NitroDesk did not say whether other Exchange ActiveSync policies are being inaccurately reported."

8. Kragar

Kragar Member

I just got my Eris up and running and I seem to have an odd issue. My university uses gmail as our client and the only way I can get my messages is with the IMAP settings.

If I try to log into my account to use the marketplace or anything requiring my gmail account it says it can not because my administrator needs to do something with google talk?

Any ideas on this one?:confused: