POP or IMAP email set up issues

Last Updated:

1. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can access my AOL, Comcast and obviously Gmail with no problems on my Droid. However I want to be able to access my companies email I have set up through powweb.com (they host my website). Anyway I keep getting error messages that it could not finish set up or sometimes it says Error: check user and password details. I triple checked and made sure I was putting in the right info and then I even went on the powweb website and made sure I was putting in the correct settings and even contacted someone there and they gave me some info to try and help and I am still getting error messages. I have tried POP and IMAP. The exchange account, is a fee based account.

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Are you trying to configure an "Exchange account" with a "POP3 client"?

Have you tried configuring the Exchange account with the "Exchange client"?

3. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I tried POP3 and I also tried IMAP and got error message. I have not tried the Exchange account because its a fee based account where I would be charged a monthly fee for using that.

4. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

But if your company's email, powweb, is an "Exchange based account", then you need an "Exchange based client application". Using the Droid's Email application is not going to work.

You'll either have to use the built-in app, or a 3rd party, such as Touchdown. I don't believe you're charged a monthly fee "from Verizon", just to get Exchange based email.

There are dozens upon dozens of threads on this forum about getting Exchange help. I'm sure one of them can provide some insight