1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Pop Quiz

Last Updated:

1. Boogs

Boogs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all!

I'm a new member to the Phandroid community, and I'm excited to be here!

A couple weeks ago, I released my first app on the Market - and I was looking for some constructive criticism. My app's called Pop Quiz, and my goal in creating it was to provide users the ability to take short quizzes based on pre-created question banks. In my line of work we take yearly exams which are based on fairly rigid question banks. It's just that you have to study thousands of questions, which can become tedious. That was the genesis of my program.

However, Pop Quiz grew into more than that. Now, not only can you create/import question banks, but you can associate images with those questions and also create flash cards. The data from each quiz is saved, so the next time you take a quiz you can prioritize your most missed questions if you want.

I've loaded half a dozen sample question banks with the application, so, if you're up for it, please download it and let me know what you think! I'm looking for constructive criticism here; and, if you can think of any improvements, then let me know!

You can already download tens of millions of pre-made flash cards from Quizlet and StudyStack.com; now I'm starting to collect Question Banks on my own website! Come check it out at http://androidshadowpuppets.com/PopQuiz

I've included the QR barcode below:

[​IMG]

--Boogs

Advertisement
    dmitriyk and STL_Sean like this.
  2. STL_Sean

STL_Sean Member

Hello Boogs and thank you,

this will save me the time & trouble of starting from scratch. I am in Army aviation and was looking for a way to create flashcards/quiz for the large amount of emergency procedures and limites we need to keep memorize.

I will let you know how it turns out!
    ~Sean

3. STL_Sean

STL_Sean Member

Hey Boogs, here is a bug for ya':
    When reading how to import quiz DB's i get the error file:///android_asset/CreatingQBs could not be found

It was when I click the link "Creating Question Banks" under the heading Importing Question Bank in your help file.
    ~Sean

4. Boogs

Sean
    Thanks for the interest and I'm glad you like the program. On a side note: my brother is also in Army aviation, but he's in Kentucky flying Kiowas.

Also, thanks for the info on the bug - it's an incorrect HTML link, and I'll be sure to fix it on the next release. If you find anything else thn please let me know!

Boogs

5. dmitriyk

dmitriyk Active Member

Hey, it's Boogs!

I swear I'm not stalking you... :p

6. Boogs

@Dmitriyk: hey! Another arsian! Good to see you here...

7. Boogs

New version 5.5 is out! Now you can share question banks with anyone over email. Just long click on any question bank and PopQuiz will compress your question bank and any associated images and put them in an email for you to send to whomever you want!

Enjoy!

8. STL_Sean

STL_Sean Member

Well, when I finish up the general aviation tables you can be sure to let him know. ;)

I am looking for documentation on how to create the tables outside of the program then import them in at. So you have a home page or some resources for me to look at?

Thanks again,
    ~Sean

9. Raraavis225

Raraavis225 New Member

Hi, I downloaded your app so that I could create my own pop quiz with material from the classes i am taking but I'm not sure how to create my own question bank and then upload it and the answers to my droid. This may seem like a stupid question but I like the idea of this app non the less and could use some help.
    Thank you

10. Boogs

Raraavis225,

Question banks are now easy to create in version 0.6.7 and later. Go to the Pop Quiz website and use the QBCreator program on your home computer. Once you have the file saved to your computer just e-mail or save it to your phone, and then import it into the program.

Boogs

11. ag.jayanthi

ag.jayanthi New Member

HI,
    I am new to Android and i would like to develop android quiz application can you plz guide me

12. Boogs

Hey everyone, I'm excited about the new update to the program. Please take some time to try out the new version (0.6.7) on the Market.

Here's the big change: You can now create Flash Cards and multiple choice Question Banks on your computer very easily. Just go to the Pop Quiz homepage and download the QBCreator program. It will help you create your question banks, which you can then e-mail or save to your phone to import.

Give it a try and - as always - if you have any questions or comments, then please let me know.

--Boogs

13. Boogs

Everybody, Everybody!!!

Enjoy the new version of Pop Quiz! You can now download and use tens of millions of pre-made flash cards from Quizlet & StudyStack.com ... all for the low low price of free.

Cheers,
    Boogs

14. Boogs

I've been working feverishly to get my website up and running, and it's finally ready to go!

Come check it out at Pop Quiz for Android OS

If you already have Pop Quiz, then export your question banks to your computer, and upload them to the Pop Quiz website for everybody to use! Please check out the growing community.

Boogs

STL_Sean likes this.
  15. Eviper44

Eviper44 New Member

It would be nice to have multiple correct answeres in multiple choice like A and D is correct? Need this for practice quizes for CCENT/CCNA ICND1 exam questions from book.