• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

POP "SEND" Email, Sprint/ISP issues

Dubl-A

Oct 21, 2009
Hello All,

Here's my issue, I bought my Hero a few weeks, set up my POP Email with cableone which has a Incoming and Outgoing email server. The emails have been working fine since.

This weekend I no longer could SEND email, I can still receive though.

I have made numerous calls to Cableone and Sprint which has led me to resent paying for both services. Both parties are blamming the other with no real pertinent info. Cableone says Sprint may be blocking ports, Sprint says the ISP is the problem.

Today I deleted the account and restarted, input the EXACT settings, sent ONE email fine......THEN NO MORE!!!

I keep getting an error saying my account is incorrect.

This is so frustrating.

Anyone have any helpful info for this (I hope)

This is an issue with you isp.. More than likely they do not support roaming outgoing mail server access. Which means if you are not connect through a router or on the website you will have issues with email.

This is a major problem with all Cable/DSL providers.

Sprint really has no scope of support on email providers other than the settings found on the providers site.. And the provider has little or no support for cellphone.

So its kinda a lose/lose for the customer..

You can try what we call the gmail work-around, where you setup your isp as the incoming mail provider and use gmail (w/gmail logon credentials) as the outgoing server.

Upvote 0
This is an issue with you isp.. More than likely they do not support roaming outgoing mail server access. Which means if you are not connect through a router or on the website you will have issues with email.

This is a major problem with all Cable/DSL providers.

Sprint really has no scope of support on email providers other than the settings found on the providers site.. And the provider has little or no support for cellphone.

So its kinda a lose/lose for the customer..
You can try what we call the gmail work-around, where you setup your isp as the incoming mail provider and use gmail (w/gmail logon credentials) as the outgoing server.

Thanks for the reply!

Couple things, I'm not roaming. My isp boasts this capability with or without roaming. Also it had been working fine until recently. I really need a truthful answer for both.

I'm just tired of the technical hot potato

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply!

Couple things, I'm not roaming. My isp boasts this capability with or without roaming. Also it had been working fine until recently. I really need a truthful answer for both.

I'm just tired of the technical hot potato

Have you enabled authentication for your outgoing (SMTP) servers? Usually it's not necessary if you're on your home network but it is almost always required when on a different network, such as Sprint's.

ISP's do this to prevent people using their mail servers as open relays to send spam.

-n8

Upvote 0
Have you enabled authentication for your outgoing (SMTP) servers? Usually it's not necessary if you're on your home network but it is almost always required when on a different network, such as Sprint's.

ISP's do this to prevent people using their mail servers as open relays to send spam.

-n8

Whats up N8

I assume you're talking about the Hero email configuration? When first configured my ISP confirmed they in fact do require authentication. I have tried both settings within the Hero with no luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones