Pop3 Attachments are corruptedSupport

Last Updated:

1. swamprat96

swamprat96 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Using k-9 mail but this happens on the standard mail app as well. Gmail is not affected.

office docs and pdfs are arriving on the phone corrupted. I've tried saving and opening them, opening them from mail and the same

I even sent a known working pdf from my pc to my phone and it gets corrupted

Any ideas? I'm on JG8

Advertisement
  2. androidcheckstand

androidcheckstand Member

I would try to download a pdf or "office" like app that allows you to view these docs. Also if this doesn't work download androzip. from Market. It will allow you to unzip files you download as well as navigate the files of your phone. Next time write down what phone you have on your post.

3. swamprat96

swamprat96 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I figured since I was posting in the samsung galaxy s forum it was clear what handset I have?

Anyway I've downloaded all these apps and none fix the issue. Here's the clincher. If I receive a PDF on pop mail and open it on my local PC it's fine. If I copy that PDF via usb to the phone it will open.

If I open the same email on the phone the pdf won't open. Its the same with any file apart from jpg

4. angross

angross New Member

Fixed it. . . so far, I think with the few tests I ran. In the Account Settings, go to Fetching mail, and select Fetch Messages Up to 2Mb. I had been on the 32kb setting, and that was apparently not large enough to download a readable attachment. You will need to do this for each of your accounts.