Pop3 E-mail Not Checking Every 5 Minutes! Please Help!Support

1. I have had my HOV for just over a week and really enjoy it. I switched from the iPhone 4 and really like how much you can tweak and customize a ICS vs. iOS device.

I have been having a problem with my Pop3 account which I have setup to check my Comcast e-mail.

I understand that Pop3 can't "push" e-mail but can "fetch" e-mail every 5 minutes. I went into settings and changed the peak time sync from Smart Sync to Every 5 mins. The problem I am still having is that I am only getting e-mail when I open up the e-mail program which refreshes it or by pressing the refresh button once the e-mail is open.

I did d/l K-9 last night and set up "polling" which checked every 5 minutes and worked like a charm but would really like to get the Android e-mail working if at all possible. I got my wife a HOV as well and I think K-9 might be over her head a little bit.

My SMS has been intermittent as well but that for a whole other thread.

Please let me know if I have a setting incorrect or if there is a quick fix. I am looking forward to your insightful answers!

Thanks,

Russ

Advertisement
    :