Pop3 Email will not remove from phone when I open Computer Email.Support

Last Updated:

1. lachambers1a

lachambers1a Active Member This Topic's Starter

Something weird just happened, all of a sudden when I open my Pop3 email account on the Droid Inc., read it, then open the same email account on my computer prior to yesterday that email on the Droid Inc would disappear like I wanted it to. Now it remains on the Droid until I manually delete it. I looked on the manual and internet but could not out how to change it back.
    One thing that did happen yesterday was I received the new Verizon Droid Inc OTA update Not sure of the update number but its the one that has Slacker Radio Addition. That may be the issue. Any thoughts/help?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

Well, it sounds like HTC has fixed the POP3 problem that they made during the FROYO update. Hate to be the one to tell you this. But, this is the way POP3 is supposed to work. Take a look at this thread.

3. lachambers1a

WoW, Unbelievable.... Thanks for the Heads-Up on the Froyo 2.2 obvious issue. I never thought it was a bug that was removing the email from my phone, thought it was just a setting that was checked and never thought about it.
    Thanks again for the help.... :D

4. lachambers1a

Thanks. That really explains it all.
    Wish they would give you the option on the phone that you can keep emails or NOT on the phone after downloaded --OR-- an option "Delete All" in the delete mail from the menu panel. They could even have a lock function so you can keep certain emails if you do not want them deleted in the "Delete All" option..

5. rick2400

rick2400 Member

i was wondering the same thing. when I download email from my computer, it used to delete them from my phone. what i wanted. now they stay on the phone, and i have to delete them myself. All of this since a recent update.