POP3/Gmail QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Is it better to set Gmail up to poll your POP3 email account or to actually set your POP3 email up on the phone itself? Are there advantages/disadvantages of doing it one way versus the other?

Advertisement
  2. gatorjm7

gatorjm7 Well-Known Member

Depends on what you're trying to do. If you set it up through Gmail to work in the Gmail app, you'll get the emails pushed to your device, but you lose a lot of functionality inside Sense. The opposite is of course true for using the HTC Mail application.

3. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

Google only polls POP3 accounts every 15-60 minutes or so, so those emails won't come in very fast.

4. gatorjm7

gatorjm7 Well-Known Member

Oh sorry, I thought he meant forwarding his POP3 to Gmail. That way the email would be pushed to the Gmail application on the device.

5. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info. It's looking like the best option is to just use my Gmail account because it will be the fastest.

6. TzuDohNihm

TzuDohNihm Well-Known Member

As I remarked in another thread POP3 accounts will only let you access the past day or two of emails in the account, not the entire Inbox. The Verizon phone tester who let me play with his phone didn't like this.