POP3 Mail/Server Issues & QuestionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Cathy9887

Cathy9887 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I'm coming from a Palm Treo 755p with Palm OS. I loved that phone. Why I upgraded, I haven't quite decided.. the Moment is cool & all - but functionally, I've been more disappointed than impressed. I'm on Day 11 of my 30 days and I'd really like to get the major functionality apps (calendar, email accts, etc) to work the way I'd love for them to before my 30 days is up. Otherwise, I've just GOT to go back to my Treo.

With that said... does anyone know how to get Gmail to delete my Hotmail/Charter emails from the server when I delete them from my phone's inbox? Or vice versa? I THINK I've set them up properly, but I'm not sure. Something's got to be wrong. Emails I read online (hotmail.com, charter.net) still seem to pull up as "NEW/UNREAD" in the Gmail app. So I'm having to double-read and/or double-delete everything. Totally not cool.

Am I the only one having issue with this? I've read 7 pages of threads & can't seem to find ANYTHING about this. I'm really hoping I've got settings wrong & it's an easy fix. PLEASE help me if you know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!!
    Cathy

Advertisement
  2. azdiver

azdiver Active Member

Why don't you just set up a hotmail push to your phone instead of getting it through gmail? Then you can set it to delete from the server when you delete it from the phone.

3. Cathy9887

Tried that first. The email software is rather poor in my opinion... plus it doesn't push/check for emails the way it's supposed to. It's very sporadic. And it still has the same issue... it pulls emails as "unread" even though I've already read it on hotmail.com.

4. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

I am adding my hotmail to my phone email app now. Once it syncs up I will mark emails read through the site tomorrow and see if the phone updates. I know yahoo still has issues so no sense in trying that. I will also compare with my InsightBB email as well and let you know. Thanks for posting this up.

5. Cathy9887

Thanks... I'll be anxious to hear how it works for you.

UPDATE: So, in Gmail, I changed my settings to "not leave a copy on the server", (which I assumed was a logical selection to my original complaint), and instead of updating hotmail.com with whatever function I performed via the phone (read, delete, etc), it completely deleted the email the moment it was marked as "read". Again... totally not cool.

I would simply like the Moment to update the Hotmail server with whatever function I perform - and vice versa. If I read the email (but want to hang onto it) on hotmail.com, it shouldn't push to the Moment as "unread".

Ugh....

6. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

So after some testing. The phone shows new mail on my phone With a red bar that has been read on the server. I have to test and see what new mail that is unread on the server looks like to determine if the bars to the right make a difference.

If you set it to not leave a copy on the server it will delete once it is loaded to the phone so when you open it it shows read and removes from the server. I definitley don't believe that is what you want.

Cathy I will let you know once I get new mail in each if there is anything more I can do to help describe with.

I am also in the process of loading my InsightBB mail and I will see how that works out. (Just added Insightbb.com and the bars next to new messages on the phone are Orange. I need to log into webmail and see which are read and unread on the server. I will report back.)