pop3 mail sync issues

Last Updated:

1. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone else find that their pop3 emails through the default mail app fail to sync properly? I have my hotmail synced up but it only picks up a select few emails as new and when I go and delete the things they reappear during the next refresh cycle. Basically it does nothing but let me read the few mails it chose to display.

Also, an unrelated note, when using the enter keybon the keyboard it sometimes works as intended to "submit" something say in the google search bar on the webpage. However sometimes instead of submitting, it acts as a tab button and skips to the next text field. This is best reproduced at google's site. When I type in the top search box (there are two on their mobile site) it tabs to the bottom box and I lose what I just typed. It happens on some websites to. Is there any way to set it to always submit?

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Unfortunately, we're stuck with non-standard keyboard behaviors - I don't know whether to blame the site or the phone.

I will say this (hint, hint HTC) - on the Samsung Moment, when you were filling out forms of any sort, the Return key icon was replaced with either the words Next or Done - so you always knew what your action would be really be.

I really miss that.

I'm not seeing mail sync problems, but I don't have a hotmail account, so I can't speak to that.

3. bluem6

bluem6 Member

Yeah, same problem here with hotmail....it will not delete it from hotmail, just on your phone and will reappear again when checking it again.

4. nyczducky

nyczducky Active Member

Its a problem on Hotmail. The signal to delete isn't hitting their servers or might not be hitting fast enough. My personal POP from my ISP and from Live.com for my school email works flawlessly.

5. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dang sucks for the enter key thing but hotmail is a bummer. I have this email for thirdteen years already. Now it's more full of junk than good stuff but still my main email for everything important, ebay etc...

Does this get fixed with any after market app? Or is it just the same? I havent seen a mail app worth upgrading to from stock yet but I will for this fix...

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Would it be an option on hotmail to forward incoming to your gmail account?

Often, you can do that sort of thing and still leave the original copy where it was sent - in this case, your hotmail.

Deleting mail from a POP3 account is done by a batch process - binding local deletes to the server deletes is strictly client behavior, not pop3 behavior. The typical client will delete messages from the server after a certain number of days, whether you locally delete or not. _Some desktop clients_ will also run a delete when you delete locally - this must be what you've become used to.

You're looking for IMAP4 behavior - lacking in hotmail.

POP3 erasing is not supported by the EVO mail client.