POP3 with Yahoo Mail Plus

Last Updated:

1. gdphishman817

gdphishman817 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I can't seem to find a good email set up on my Droid. When I got my droid I set up my email for POP3 since I have Yahoo Mail Plus. I do not want to use imap for many reasons. It set up no problem, put it constantly pulls old messages from the server or ones that I deleted off the phone (not the server) days earlier. So then, I switched to having gmail pull my yahoo mail via pop3. That solved the old message issues, but if anyone know about gmail, you can't set the frequency by which it pulls from the server. I would always get my email anywhere from 30 minutes to and hour and half after it was actually received. So today I tried the new imap set up. It works except I have a computer at home that's pulling the message via POP3. When it does that, it marks them as read on the server. Because of that I don't get notified of new messages. When the Droid syncs with yahoo, it shows that the message is already read.

Anyway, that's my situation. Can anyone with a Yahoo Mail Plus account help me out

Advertisement
  2. gdphishman817

Wow, no one huh?

3. famac!

famac! Well-Known Member

POP3 implementation sucks on the Droid. Check the sig and star the issue.

4. gdphishman817

Thanks! Anytime Yahoo mail is brought up on these forums, it's always about the imap support. At least I'm not the only one with this issue. I starred it. I'll try K-9 Mail.

5. mikedawn25

mikedawn25 Member

Same problems here with no solutions. You have to realized Google could make Yahoo work just like any many other phones and operating systems do. But.... it's like asking a Ford dealership to support your Toyota. They just don't want to, they are competitors.

6. gdphishman817

If you read famac! link in his sig. It's not a Yahoo issue, it's clearly a POP3 issue. Been using K-9 for the last few hours, so far so good.