Popping sound with earphones plugged in

Last Updated:

1. vasudaprime

vasudaprime Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

Everytime I start any audio or video there seems to be a pop sound that occurs. It's louder if I happen to pause a track and then resume playing it again. It's still there even if I use my own earphones as well, so I'm thinking it's the handset. It doesn't happen with the speaker, only the 3.5mm jack. I was just wondering if it was a common issue or a problem just with my handset.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I havent noticed this myself. Could you try with a different music app, such as mixzing to see if the same thing happens.

3. vasudaprime

vasudaprime Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah it happens in mixzing as well :/ I guess I'll visit a T-Mobile store tomorrow and see if I can get it exchanged.

4. Ten10

Ten10 Well-Known Member

Isn't it just the delay in sound switching from rhe speaker to the 3.5mm jack?

5. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

Could be that.

Have you tried it with different headphones?

Like HTC ones, non branded ones etc?

6. S1Niz7el2

S1Niz7el2 New Member

Hi....I have the same problem with my GalaxyTab. I have noticed that the popping sound occurs usually when the Tab is not secure. What I mean is....when the Tab is tightly secured in my jacket or coat pocket, the noise doesn't happen. But when my jacket or coat is unzipped and there's plenty of swing room as I'm walking, it happens more frequently. Also, when I take a big step or the Tab jets bumped in any way...the noise also happens. Sometimes it's very loud and actually hurts my ear. It only happens on my left ear plug. Any fixes?