PopupuiReceiver???

Last Updated:

1. silver_s

silver_s New Member

Does anyone knows what PopupuiReceiver is?everytime i end it in task manager it starts again.it can t be uninstalled or disabled from application manager...

Advertisement
  2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

Welcome to the forums :) We're Glad your here.

Never heard of that particular program however task managers generally have the opposite affect then what we desire. Android does a much better job at managing its memory than what either you or I could do. You see every time you end a task and it starts back up Android thinks its an important task there for it reserves memory for that task.
  3. machpovii3

machpovii3 New Member

I've been monitoring this program for a hile now and I had once disabled it (though I've forgotten how) and I finally realize what it is. Have you ever gotten random popups while using your device?? THAT'S what it is. It is simply a popup user interface receiver... a direct marketing tool to advertise to you. Apps that I have NEVER had ads pop up with all of a sudden have random pop ups. Though I've liked Samsung's equipment so far,I'm really considering switching to HTC or the dreaded Sony because of this. :mad::mad::mad:
  4. wrongway611

wrongway611 New Member

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Sony and HTC also has popup receiver. AFAIK it's also used by apps like Viber, Handcent, etc for SMS popups. It's not a Samsung only thing, it's an Android capability.
  6. bla_black

bla_black New Member

Go to sittings then go to backup and reset then scroll down until you resets sitting!!! Trust it will work!!!! Sorry it's late!!!!
  7. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Install Addons Detector and run a scan.