Pore battery life after GB update!Support

Last Updated:

1. MarkR

MarkR Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ever since the GB update (I updated on the release date) my battery life has been cut in half. Has anyone else had this problem?

Advertisement
  2. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

what eating up your battery?
    settings, about phone, whats using the battery?

3. MarkR

Just the standard items. Display, dialer, standby. before the update my battery was normal by TB standards. I made no other changes since the update and my battery life is down to about 3hrs with same usage.

4. Buddha64

Buddha64 Well-Known Member

No. I can go all day (ex. streaming Pandora/4G) and have 30% by bed time. Prior 4, maybe 5 hours and the battery was at 20%.

5. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

in theory, Gingerbread should be better on battery life. not sure what to tell you.
    are you using any task killers or anything? 4G? 3G?
    i hate to tell you to factory reset the phone, but it may fix your battery issues.

6. MarkR

No task killers and have always kept it on 4g. I'm thinking a reset is my best bet. I just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem before I went through a day or so setting up my phone.

7. DVDA007

DVDA007 Member

I had this happen as well, i had excellant battery life w/ froyo and the stock battery, phone totally stock, no task killers, occasional 4g. After doing the GB update, i could barely get through a day w/ minimal usage. I ended up doing a factory reset, for another reason (lost all data and could only get 1x using LTE on/off). The battery seems much better now. Also, not sure how true but i have read somewhere that the new OS needs to build up cache, and that will help w/ the battery issues. Good luck.

8. Joewoowoo

Joewoowoo Well-Known Member

been going for 12 hrs now off the charger and have 64% left. 40% voice calls, 3% internet, display 32%, bluetooth 1% android system 7% and a few others with low percentages

9. Tide311

Tide311 Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware batteries had skin.

10. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Try scrubbing your battery with some of this....

[​IMG]

11. CaymanSMC

CaymanSMC New Member

Mine did the same thing. The battery life was very bad after the upgrade. I didnt do a factory reset but I took the battery out and restarted. It now seems to be as good or a little better. I would try shutting down and taking the battery out before doing a factory reset

12. Joewoowoo

Joewoowoo Well-Known Member

lmao, "pore" it on!

13. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

lol, yeah I know, "pore bastage"....I'm sure someone with a pore sense of humor will be in here shortly to pore in their barney fife-dome...

14. mplevy

mplevy Well-Known Member

I found my poor initial battery life after taking it off charge is a result of the alarm, of all things. I was noticing that in the first hour after I wake up (taking it off charge when I wake up) it was dropping by 14%. This morning I took it off charge after dismissing the alarm, then went in and turned off the alarm then turned it back on. I'm only down 4% on the battery 4 hours later.

I'm now in search of a new alarm clock app...

15. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

The app is gone. You need to make a clock widget and click on it to get to the alarm clock

16. mplevy

mplevy Well-Known Member

Thx, I'm aware of that, I use the stock clock/weather widget. What I mean is, I need a different alarm, the stock alarm is a battery drain until the full hour has passed, even if I dismiss the alarm on the first ring.

17. PoweredByLE5

PoweredByLE5 Well-Known Member

no lol my battery got hella better