• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {PORT} Behold 2 Stock ( No Twiz w/ Root & Busybox )

... in android when an app is opened and not running its doing nothing till its called upon by the system , if the memory is needed (all 50kb) the GC will reclaim it for the system , DO NOT USE ANY TASK KILLERS , they are a waste of time and processing power...

This should be in the tips and tricks thread as too many think like this. As a linux sysadmin, I know how it likes to throw as much into memory as possible. Its easy to confuse memory usage when alot of it is buffer space, not actually allocated to running programs and thus the system will clear it as needed when some hefty program runs.

I used to use a task killer but quickly got rid of it as I came to this conclusion, but I'll take a look at Auto Kill.

If so, why i can gain more memory when i kill some applications by task killer ?

I think it depends on how they are calculating the free memory. Are they simply reporting unallocated memory or unallocated memory + buffer space(since buffer space will consume almost all memory not already allocated, but the system will clear it as needed).

Upvote 0
I was just wondering if it was something wrong with mine but has anyone else noticed that everytime you try to change the wallpaper with a picture out of photo gallery that you get a force close.

and it's 3 hours after i pulled it off the charger and im at 72 percent on my batt is that about normal. it was worse on galaxy and stock bh2

Upvote 0
i tried this but it still does not fix the battery bug! Thats one of the fixes in the update!
Probably thats what it does. It could have been that the stored statistics came from a prototype model and wasn't cleared out when the production rom was made. Deleting it simply causes the phone to regenerate the statistics which are used to help calculate the battery meter. So why not go through the steps again, and be sure to retrain the battery afterwards(drain and then fully charge). I know after I deleted it, it seemed like it took forever to drain the battery.

Upvote 0
Yes the OTA should work fine with this Rom.

How certain are you on this, because if this is true then nobody needs to wait on the crappy stock behold 2 rom, and we should all go to the hybrid! I haven't tried any of your roms because I am waiting for the update, but if what your saying is true then I wont hesitate going to your hybrid rom!:D

Upvote 0
How certain are you on this, because if this is true then nobody needs to wait on the crappy stock behold 2 rom, and we should all go to the hybrid! I haven't tried any of your roms because I am waiting for the update, but if what your saying is true then I wont hesitate going to your hybrid rom!:D

I'm Positive this wont effect the update.

*EDIT*
But, there Might be an issue pending what they updated...
Likely you will lose all mods &/or be stuck on a none booting Phone.

I can't say what the effect's of this will be, but You should still receive the update.zip to the /sdcard when / if they push it to us...

Upvote 0
Thank you for the Quick response Notahotshot, I will do that and try again.

You're welcome let us know if It works. When I did It the first time I unzipped the file to the root of my sd card. It must not have overwritten the files and what I got was the galaxy rom. Starting with a blank sd it went off without a hitch.

Upvote 0
If you dont change the build.prop (versions) it shouldnt affect the OTA. Some OTA's check other places, but I dont think samsung will.

An OTA update on top of this may not work tho, depending on the incremental changes they do. Put it this way, you will get the notification, but once installed there is a very small chance it might not boot. No big deal, just Odin back.

Upvote 0
If you dont change the build.prop (versions) it shouldnt affect the OTA. Some OTA's check other places, but I dont think samsung will.

An OTA update on top of this may not work tho, depending on the incremental changes they do. Put it this way, you will get the notification, but once installed there is a very small chance it might not boot. No big deal, just Odin back.

ya thats what I was thinking that even though it may pop up, it might not install properly...so I guess I'll take your advice and just wait!:(

Upvote 0
Running this ROM,installed Open Home and LockBotpro, set brightness at 1, turn off sound+vibrate when touch the screen, no 3G, no GPS fully Charged .I use my BH2 to listen music in 2 hours with headphone, go to web some times. After 6 hours, i have to charge it again. I am really upset with the battery ^^

I'm really starting to think this is a Battery issue more than it is Hardware..

1st phone, battery sucked

2nd Phone, Battery sucked

3rd Phone, Battery is Perfect.

It's not to far off this might be the issue, but, anything could be Possible ..
Just my Thought's on it.

Upvote 0
It uses the same battery as the OMNIA if that helps. Double check the part number to make sure its from the right OMNIA.

As some people explained before android will auto load apps into memory to speed up access. To find the true memory available you should cat /proc/meminfo and add free memory with cached.

However, some apps are not designed too well. Once started they will do things like check for location periodically which may turn on GPS or Wifi (assuming you left them on, it will take them out of sleep).

The Bh2 also seems to autostart a bunch of apps from touchwiz which you may not need. You can check the init.rc for what its doing. You can also edit them not to autostart or simply rename them so that it can't start them autmatically - thats a bit of a hack but is a quick fix.

Also remember if you change an app, delete the dalvik cache to make sure it regenerates it in bytecode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones