• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {PORT} Behold 2 Stock ( No Twiz w/ Root & Busybox )

PS for the battery do this:

1) delete battery statistics.
2) Full charge with the charger - NOT USB cable.
3) If possible leave it to overcharge (leave on charge even when at 100%) for an hour.
4) Let the phone drain in normal usage all the way untill it shuts off by itself.

Normal usage means as you would normally use it. NOT turn on wifi and GPS and music on full to drain it faster.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Alright, just got off work! so the battery level is at 59%...thats with the following activitys...

60 txt msgs
5 mins worth of phone calls
10 mins with of pandora
and about 15 mins worth of dinking around with different settings
with the following widgets..

beautiful widget
retro date
battery (1x1 battery icon)

the preloaded brightness, gps,wifi, and both sd and internal memory card widgets

brightness was set to 20% all day.. gps and wifi off..

seems like the battery is little bit better then the galaxy now... but over defiantly faster! Glad to have camera and vibrate back!

next step im gonna take is to try the battery trick that was posted in the other thread!

BH_man, kam, and everyone else involved with these roms...AWESOME job!

like many others i was losing faith in the phone.. but as it is right now.. defiantly a major upgrade to the stock BH2... cant wait to see what you guys can roll out next... or atleast... cant wait for 2.x to come.. seems the general consensus now is that we will get 2.x eventually.. so for the time being.. this is the next best thing!

Upvote 0
Okay let me help you step by step! :)

1. Open up Odin Multi Download
2. Under Select OPS, choose Behold2_partition.ops
3. Click PDA, choose T939UVIJ6-PDA-CL81521-REV1.tar.md5
4. Power Off Phone
5. Make sure you have it connected via USB
6. Hold and Press Volume Down, OK, Power (the red end button)
7. Phone will say Download Mode
8. Click Start on Odin Multi Downloader.
9. Wait a couple of minutes
10. Stock Touchwiz phone working again!

The ODIN Files and orignal firmware can be downloaded from the following link: http://shrunk.me/uvij6.zip

I am currently confused with this step:

What is the OK button? I assumed it was the middle, circular button on the phone, but my phone just keeps turning back on. Can anyone expand on this a bit?

Upvote 0
I am currently confused with this step:

What is the OK button? I assumed it was the middle, circular button on the phone, but my phone just keeps turning back on. Can anyone expand on this a bit?

The OK button is the middle circular button. Make sure your phone is off. Then hold down the VOL DOWN, OK and POWER at the same time, DO NOT LET GO till you see Download Mode.

Upvote 0
newpicture3g.png

Upvote 0
1. Open up Odin Multi Download
2. Under Select OPS, choose Behold2_partition.ops
3. Click Boot, Choose T939UVIJ6-BOOTLOADER-CL81521-REV1-ForNewOps.tar.md5
4. Click Phone, Choose T939UVIJ6-PHONE-CL81521-REV1.tar.md5
5. Click PDA, choose T939UVIJ6-PDA-CL81521-REV1.tar.md5
6. Power Off Phone
7. Make sure you have it connected via USB
8. Hold and Press Volume Down, OK, Power (the red end button)
9. Phone will say Download Mode
10. Click Start on Odin Multi Downloader.
11. Wait a couple of minutes
12. Stock Touchwiz phone working again!
13. Re-Do instructions to get Galaxy firmware working! ;-)

Upvote 0
I have almost all of that. Mine stops at the -OKAY after KERNEL. Your last few lines are not on my screen.
If it doesn't go within 1-2 minutes then it didn't go through. Try doing the battery pull and see if the phone starts up normally. If not as suggested try a different USB port, run as admin, restart computer and try again.

Upvote 0
Hello everybody,

I am very anxious to get BH_Man's ROM on my phone. Currently, I'm stuck with the stock TouchWiz, because when I connect my phone to my computer, ADB doesn't recognize any device as being connected. I have the correct drivers installed, and the path is correct, as I installed Kam187's Galaxy ROM before I ODIN'ed back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Murf

Upvote 0
If it doesn't go within 1-2 minutes then it didn't go through. Try doing the battery pull and see if the phone starts up normally. If not as suggested try a different USB port, run as admin, restart computer and try again.

Pulled the battery, and whenever I put it back in, it goes back to the downloading screen, except with only a partial screen, the rest being white. :thinking:

Upvote 0
...because when I connect my phone to my computer, ADB doesn't recognize any device as being connected....

So if you are running stock to get ADB to work right do the following steps:
1. Settings>>Application Settings>>Development>> Check off USB Debugging
2. Settings>>Phone Settings>>USB Settings>> Choose Samsung PC Studio>>Click Save.
Then ADB should load up. If not:
3. Choose Mass Storage Mode Click Save, then go back to USB Settings and choose Samsung PC Studio and click Save and then it will work! :)

Reactions: jazzedmurf
Upvote 0
Pulled the battery, and whenever I put it back in, it goes back to the downloading screen, except with only a partial screen, the rest being white. :thinking:
Okay, Then try once again. Battery Pull... Then put battery back in. Phone should state its charging. Then Press VOL DOWN, OK, and END get it to download mode and try one more time. If not I would suggest trying on a different computer... ODIN sometimes can get picky.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones