1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

{Port} Galaxy for the BeHold 2 123 install done right

1. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

First off I want to thank these Dev. for there hard work..
    Kam187, Mastermind278, droiddev, mobileband, My420Time, rkhalil2009

Why install my Rom you might ask?

Included & working in rom Plus hassle free install is>
    - Pre installed Busybox
    - Pre installed Mms.apk Fix
    - Working Speaker Phone
    - Root for App's
    - Persistent Root script pre installed
    - US by Default
    - English By Default

-Bugs Known
    - USB Debugging needs turned off, then back on after each re-boot for adb to work..

Now, I've spent a lot of time in making it less difficult for everyone to install the galaxy rom & hope everyone like's it.

Now, for what you came for :)

Download the Package here > Behold2_galaxy_100.zip ( Stock Galaxy )

Themed Versions:
    Super Blue Theme > BH_MAN Edition 1.0.zip > Original Post > http://to.ly/1eBE

Black / Grey Theme > BH2_Galaxy_Android_plus.zip Original Post > http://to.ly/1f3c

Once download is complete, un-zip the items to the SDcard on your Behold 2.

Now for the Install procedures.
    Do the Following one Line at a time...

Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3. Wait for the # sign after /data/local/unyaffs /sdcard/system Before Rebooting

That's it, after you get the # from running /data/local/unyaffs /sdcard/system it's now safe to reboot...

Now, once you have Rebooted, Do a Factory reset by, Menu>Settings>Sd card & Phone Storage>Factory Data Reset :) Enjoy!

Currently working on a 2.0 eclair image & Cyanogen 1.6 image, and hope to have it out very soon, until then thanks & let me know if there is any problems. :)

------
    Original method/discussion for Galaxy system on Behold 2
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-behold-2/35487-galaxy-stock-android-behold-2-flies.html

Advertisement
  2. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

sweet love to hear progress! So does this include the new system image, also is vibration working? Do you think you can make that custom kernel kam was talking about? I took a shot at it but failed.
  3. Euro101

Euro101 Active Member

Im new to the Android and im trying to install galaxy with this tutorial. Where is it that i have to input those codes from step 1? Is everything i need to do this here on this thread? Do i need root or svg? Sorry im a little confused.

So far ive downloaded the file and unzipped it onto my sd card. I put it on my sd card the same way i put music onto it.
  4. Nu11u5

Nu11u5 Well-Known Member

You need the ADB program from the Andoid SDK and the USB Debug Mode drivers for the Behold II. You can use the introduction on MrAndroid's tutorial to get started.
  5. Euro101

Euro101 Active Member

Ok i followed the ADB for dummies and i set up my paths and i installed the usb drivers, how do i know if i have ADB successfully installed properly? theres no new programs on my start menu.
  6. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Sweet, everything nicely packaged and ready to install. Can't wait for the donut and eclair ROMs to be rolled out.

Who needs Sammy now :D
  7. deathclutch

deathclutch Well-Known Member

you need to run command prompt...

then use command prompt to go to your androidsdk/tools folder...
    then type adb devices... if your device shows up.. you have done it correctly
  8. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Well-Known Member

yay
    is vibrate working?
  9. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Somehow I just know you are going to regret saying that lol :p
  10. =KLRS=ZERO

lol, i also cant install super user. the phone reboots every time i try to install
  11. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

superuser.apk is already installed on this system.img
    Why are you trying to install it again?
  12. =KLRS=ZERO

thanks i got it to work... i was going to reinstall because of the black screen but you have to enable usb debugging
  13. Euro101

Euro101 Active Member

this is how i have my path set up C:\android-sdk-windows\tools

how do i access this on my command prompt? when i type adb shell it says adb its not recognized
  14. =KLRS=ZERO

type cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools

then you should be able to do adb commands fine
  15. Euro101

Euro101 Active Member

perfecctt thanks a lot man this worked. This whole process of adb has took me about a week -__-

ok, now all i gotta do is follow the instructions above and i will port to Galaxy?

Will i lose all my contacts, apps, and all my settings? Yes right?

Is this the same thing as the Sticky on the main page about Galaxy just a whole lot simpler?
  16. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

EDIT: Use the system.img from this file instead - its the latest galaxy system.
    drop.io i7500zhil3
    does it include this????
  17. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

If you're asking if I'm using the Current system.img then yes.
  18. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

First off I want to thank these Dev. for there hard work..
    Kam187, Mastermind278, droiddev, mobileband, My420Time, rkhalil2009

Why install my Rom you might ask?

Included & working in rom Plus hassle free install is>
    - Pre installed Busybox
    - Pre installed Mms.apk Fix
    - Working Speaker Phone
    - Root for App's
    - Persistent Root script pre installed
    - US by Default
    - English By Default
    - BH2 Science Calculator
    - Amazon MP3
    - Themed by Manup456
    - Theme Ported over to BH2 by BH_MAN

-Bugs Known
    - USB Debugging needs turned off, then back on after each re-boot for adb to work..

Now, I've spent a lot of time in making it less difficult for everyone to install the galaxy rom & hope everyone like's it.

Now, for what you came for

Download the Package here > BH_MAN Edition 1.0.zip

Once download is complete, un-zip the items to the SDcard on your Behold 2.

Now for the Install procedures.
    Do the Following one Line at a time...

Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3. Wait for the # sign after /data/local/unyaffs /sdcard/system Before Rebooting

That's it, after you get the # from running /data/local/unyaffs /sdcard/system it's now safe to reboot...

Now, once you have Rebooted, Do a Factory reset by, Menu>Settings>Sd card & Phone Storage>Factory Data Reset Enjoy!

Here are some Picture's Of the Super Blue theme

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

sweet I love blue, is this automatically whats installed if I install with your instructions!
    Can you make that custom kernel that we need to upgrade to 2.1?
  20. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Yes all that is installed with the how-to. :)

Sadly I'm having go around with linux 64-bit... not play well atm.. So, currently have no way to make a Kernel.

1.6 & 2.* are boot looping on me, and flying blind with no ddms / Logcat to know why.
  21. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

Im not sure what you mean by go around with linux? So you have tried the 1.6 & 2. on the behold2, but its boot looping? Well thats because the kernel.
  22. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Yes I know it's kernel...

Regarding go arounds... I'm having Drive issue's with the new install of Ubuntu 64-bit, nothing I can't fix, just need to look over my Notes from the last install I did.. :)
  23. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

what other operating systems are you using? If windows then you should run Linux as a virtual OS then all the drivers would work!
  24. Mastermind278

Mastermind278 Well-Known Member

BH_Man, It seems like you have been doing a nice job. I haven't tried your file yet but it does look like it is a lot easier for most people to install the galaxy. One suggestion is that on your next version you include VoiceSearch.apk so that people can use the VoiceSearch from the Search Widget.
  25. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

No Problem, Will Defiantly include it in the next release :)

Will have another themed Release out today in the PM sometime for everyone.

Taking Suggestion from everyone if you would like to see something added, removed*