Port Incredible Exchange support/UI to Droid?

Last Updated:

1. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A buddy at work got an Incredible and he entered email address and PW and everything was set up for him automatically, full email/contacts/calendar sync, PIN lock/wipe set up.

I was looking through some of the screen shots of the Incredible Exchange support, and frankly, Exchange support on the Incredible kicks the Droid's a** in this area...

Image Gallery: Verizon HTC DROID Incredible; Functions and Applications | ZDNet Photo Gallery

I'm impressed...HTC must have done a ton of work in this area, assuming that the basic exchange functionality in 2.1 on the Incredible is the same that comes w/2.1 on the Droid...really nice work.

If that support could be ported to the Droid (either as an entire ROM, or just the exchange support sliced off) that would be amazing.

Someone get to work on this right now!

Advertisement
  2. StingRay

StingRay Well-Known Member

Definitely better job by Htc...

Looks like some real thought was put into it, unlike the interface for the Droid....

I like how you can actually sort your emails, which seems like a pretty basic need....although unavailable on Droid....

Oh well, short of someone being able to port this over I guess I'll be looking at HTC when my 1 year upgrade comes along....:rolleyes:

3. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, that caught my eye as well, I've really missed the sorting capability...when I saw that I almost choked... ;)

I really hope this is portable at some point...I don't love the Sense UI overall, but this portion of their stuff is gold.

C'mon, Devs...I've got $ sitting here in my pocket for the first one to get HTC exchange support on a Droid!

4. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

It won't run without the Sense UI framework, unfortunately.

5. StingRay

StingRay Well-Known Member

Since the Android or native Droid (Corporate) email app is in the end just an app, isn't it possible for a developer to create a new exchange app that would include all of the things that have been missing on the current app?

I know that there are others out there like Touchdown or K-9, but the look and feel of those just isn't there....both are pretty hokey if you ask me. I like the look and feel of the native exchange email app, but it's missing the things that I loved about Blackberry email....sorting options, signature line, etc.

Just from the posted pics of the HTC exchange email, if someone could create an app with the same look and options that would work on Droid they could get rich quick! ;)