port newer system ui?

1. xry75

xry75 Well-Known Member

i just bought my wife an lg tribute, good little phone. i wonder is there any way to port the system ui and the notification to the volt? hers has the newer lg look, just like the g3. or is there a theme engine i can use. im rooted and all that good stuff.

Advertisement
  2. quickdraw996

quickdraw996 Well-Known Member

I second this, the LG G2 UI is terrible.
    :mad:

The only change I have found is in an Xposed module called "G2 Tweasbox" which allows you to change the quick settings in the notification drawer from the G2 style to the G3 style and you can customize the color scheme, but that's it.
  3. xry75

xry75 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'll try that
  4. quickdraw996

quickdraw996 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it doesn't change the rest of the UI, like the fugly toggles in settings and elsewhere and a few other things that are not aesthetically pleasing... Oh well.
    :/
  5. whoshotjr2006

whoshotjr2006 Well-Known Member Developer

If you upload a system dump maybe we can port it.
  6. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Developer

My son has the Tribute. I'll pull the launcher and see if I can get it to work. Notifications will be a bit more difficult
  7. xry75

xry75 Well-Known Member

The tribute doesn't have all the features of the volt, maybe I can look for the stuff off of the g3. The tribute is a nice little phone, though.
  8. xry75

xry75 Well-Known Member

how much work does it take to port a g3 stock rom over?
  9. whoshotjr2006

whoshotjr2006 Well-Known Member Developer

Its not what I'd call easy. Different drivers, same but different architecture and g3 has some things we don't, and we have some things the g3 doesn't. Would be some work. I'd say start with cloudy ROM from g2, then if you get that working move up to g3.

I'd still like a system dump from the tribute if anyone can get me one.
  10. xry75

xry75 Well-Known Member

I don't have the computer setup to do anything like that. So ,I guess I'll just wait for whatever comes next. Thanks for the info whoshotjr2006.
  11. EROMITLAB

EROMITLAB Member

There is an LG home g3 theme in the playstore that themes most things including the settings and dialer.