Port Number from T-mobile

Last Updated:

1. adamman41

adamman41 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How do I port my number from T-mobile to my droid? I've had it for 2 weeks now and am ready to make the switch final, is there an easy way to do this?

Advertisement
  2. ProfessorHM

ProfessorHM Member

Just go to your verizon store or wherever you bought the phone from and they'll port it for you. I do not believe it is possible for you to do it yourself though, I could be wrong.

3. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

Wait so you can get like a temp # then they'll port your # that you used once your contract is up? so what did you do with your phone when you had your different # with your droid? just left it? (sorta in the same situation thats why im asking...)

4. JRSly

JRSly Well-Known Member

I'm doing the same thing right now, just on two carriers and contracts for the time being. It's common. Just taking a little time to test out the new phone and network and ensure you've made the right decision. I'm probably going to Verizon today or early next week to get my old number ported over.

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I had to do this with AT&T, all you need to do is call VZW and they will port it over. DON"T CLOSE YOUR OTHER ACCOUNT UNTIL YOU'VE PORTED THE #.

6. adamman41

adamman41 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yes same thing with me

7. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

Oh gotcha! Cool! So are you paying for 2 bills then? =/

8. JRSly

JRSly Well-Known Member

Not for long, another billed month, especially with my older non-smartphone on a basic plan, is a small price to pay for peace of mind when looking into a new carrier and the thousands of dollars you'll be paying over the next couple of years.