• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [PORT] TWRP Themes 540x960

M

ModdingMyMind

ubusyqa3.jpg

A. To use the TWRP Theme:
  • You must go to /sdcard/TWRP on your device and create another folder named, theme.
  • Then take the zip and rename it to ui.zip.
  • Place the ui.zip inside of the theme folder.
  • Reboot in to your custom recovery and enjoy.
  • If you wish to not use it anymore, then just delete the zip file.

If you enjoy these themes, then a simple click on the thanks button will suffice. Please be sure to go and give thanks to the original author as well.

Credit goes to z31s1g (XDA) for the following themes. He has these available across many forums for many devices with close to or similar resolutions. You can check out his signature for further details. You can get a glimpse of his work here. The shared thread link for his themes are used as my base for porting them over from 720x1280 to 540x960.

Code:
[COLOR="Red"][B]HOW TO USE AROMA FM with Holofied Themes:[/B][/COLOR]
[LIST=1]
[*]Download holofied_aromafm_191.zip.
[*]Flash the zip in recovery.
It will copy the flashable Aroma FM package to sdcard\TWRP\[B]aromafm\aromafm.zip[/B]
[*]Go to "settings" in TWRP and tick the option to use Aroma FM.
[*]Go back to main screen and select, File Manager
[*]Profit!
[/LIST]

Holofied Black (Ported) - By Modding.MyMind

Holofied Dark (Ported) - By Modding.MyMind

Holofied Light (Ported) - By Modding.MyMind

Holofied Play (Ported) - By Modding.MyMind

Holofied XDA (Ported) - By Modding.MyMind

Attachments

• holofied_aromafm_191.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 403
  • 2.8.0.x_Holofied_XDA.zip
    637.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 2.8.0.x_Holofied_Light.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 291
  • 2.8.0.x_Holofied_Black.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 607
  • 2.8.0.x_Holofied_Play.zip
    734.5 KB · Views: 318
  • 2.8.0.x_Holofied_Dark.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 311
These themes are for TWRP 2.7.1.x. They may work for 2.6.3.x but you will be missing out on a bunch of sweet features. These themes should also work for 2.7.0.x.

But just to make it clear, they are initially intended for use with 2.7.1.x.

Enjoy! These themes are pretty sick :-D

Upvote 0
Hey guys, some of you may be experiencing problems trying to change the color themes in Black, Dark, and Light. A new method using a script within the ui.xml is being applied and is currently being worked on to resolve this issue so this feature will hopefully work on all devices which use these themes.

I already have a fix but I am going to hold off until z31s1g makes another release of his themes.

Reactions: SParker40
Upvote 0
Hey guys, some of you may be experiencing problems trying to change the color themes in Black, Dark, and Light. A new method using a script within the ui.xml is being applied and is currently being worked on to resolve this issue so this feature will hopefully work on all devices which use these themes.

I already have a fix but I am going to hold off until z31s1g makes another release of his themes.
Pretty creative idea since noone is doing anything with Developing Roms for this phone anymore. Thanks Ill give them a try
By the way I didnt have any problems installing the file manager or a theme. Everything went smooth. Just followed directions in OP. Thanks again. If ya know where to find any more ROMS for the HTC Evo Design 4G. Im looking for JB and Kit Kat Roms

Upvote 0
Pretty creative idea since noone is doing anything with Developing Roms for this phone anymore. Thanks Ill give them a try
By the way I didnt have any problems installing the file manager or a theme. Everything went smooth. Just followed directions in OP. Thanks again. If ya know where to find any more ROMS for the HTC Evo Design 4G. Im looking for JB and Kit Kat Roms

I wouldnt be able to help with Roms. I mean, I could, but to be honest, custom Roms always have bugs, so I just stick with stock odex/deodex and a custom kernel. I have yet to see a custom Rom be released that wasn't without bugs so I just lost interest in them lol.

Upvote 0
I wouldnt be able to help with Roms. I mean, I could, but to be honest, custom Roms always have bugs, so I just stick with stock odex/deodex and a custom kernel. I have yet to see a custom Rom be released that wasn't without bugs so I just lost interest in them lol.
Either way, thanks for the theming. It all looks good to me. I know bout the bugs but most of the time I can get ROM to work the way I need it to. I guess I like the challenge.

Upvote 0
Glad you both like the themes. I don't own this device anymore but since my lady has it (my old device) I was able to port these to this resolution.

The ui.xml is using a script, and a zip binary. When changing theme colors for Black, Dark, and Light the script points to /sdcard/TWRP/theme/ui.zip, then unzips it. It will grab the colored images you chose and place them in the imGs folder. Then sed is used to change out the font colors within the ui.xml itself. When done the zip binary will update the ui.zip with what was modified. Everything gets cleaned up afterwards and then reboots the recovery so you can enjoy the different colored theme which you selected. However, the script that was initially chosen to be used for this won't work for everyone. For some, the ui.zip will be on the internal and not the external so ultimately the script will fail and not change the themes color. I wrote a script that will check for the ui.zip in the external sdcard and if nothing comes up then direct itself to the internal and proceed forward. I shared this with the original author. I'm just waiting for him to make another release of his themes and hopefully he fixed this. If he doesn't, then I will do it myself when I port his themes again.

Upvote 0
Guess that depends on the user. ART was initially created for better improvement but it's still in it's experimental phase with Google. For those who don't have ART but are still using Dalvik, then Odex would provide better performance and more space where as deodexing would take up more space and provide less performance. Most people deodex for theming and modifying purposes.

Reactions: Goku123
Upvote 0
So, if you don't know then I will share it here and inform the masses who read this :).

I wrote two scripts, TWRPUI and TWRPIMAGE, that will port a TWRP theme from one resolution to another. I'm continuously looking for ways to improve it but for now it works VERY good.

It is best to grab a TWRP theme which is based on a higher resolution and port it to your lower resolution and for good reasons too. Enlarging the theme from a small resolution to a larger resolution could cause wear and tear on the theme by making it not appear as crisp and clean as it should.

Anyways, I will keep it short, but please note that GraphicsMagick is required in order to use TWRPIMAGE. I have compiled it for ARM devices and it can be found in my repo called, gm.

In addition, both scripts require the use of busybox.

Feel free to play around with it and if you come up with an idea for either of the scripts please feel free to share your insights with me.

Remember, the only stupid question or idea is the one which is not shared or expressed ;-).

https://github.com/ModdingMyMind/TWRP_IMAGE_PORTER

Reactions: SParker40
Upvote 0
Alright, was getting tired of TWRP's stock UI
Can you do the Play theme next? Also can't you host a Dropbox folder or something? And Aroma FM vs TWRP's FM?
Aroma FM is way better in my opinion. Just try it out. In the theme will be the option to enable it and so next time you select file manager it will load up Aroma FM instead of TWRP version.

I won't host on dropbox because their bandwidth sucks and when used up they disable the account for a period of time which prevents others from accessing them. I could host them on dev host but it's easier just to add them to the OP as an attachment.

Reactions: javelinanddart
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones