• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Portable Hotspot on an LG Thrill

Tqwen

Lurker
Feb 22, 2012
Hey guys,

So, I've been an iSlave for a while and I've finally shook them off and got an android. It's through AT&T, and the three data plans that were offered to me were 200MB (nope) 3GB, and 5GB + mobile hotspot services. But, my phone has an option for this anyway, even though I didn't get the expensive plan that allows its use, supposedly. I looked closer and saw that they have data plans with mobile hotspot stuff in both 3GB and 5GB quantities, but the one I have doesn't say a word about using this feature. My question is, if I use this, are they going to charge the hell out of me for it?

My phone is an unrooted LG Thrill if that's helpful in any way.

There are ROMs that will allow you to use it without having a plan, although I wouldn't tether a laptop or desktop to it, or do it very often.

I use mine in the car sometimes so my wife can use the iPad while I drive, or to purchase a book on my Nook when i'm away from wifi, things like that have been fine for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones