• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ported an iPhone 5 to an HTC One V!!!!

djasonw

Lurker
Nov 29, 2013
I suppose this title could have said traded my Caddy for a Kia but kidding aside this is what happened. I had my service with ATT and was one year into my contract. They would NOT unlock my phone as I wanted to use another SIM card for when I travel to Europe. They said they'd have to cancel my contract, but then I'd lose my number! Well, I decided to port my number over to an HTC One V that someone had given me about nine months ago. You're going to think I'm nuts but I actually like this little bugger! Anyway, getting back to AT&T, I decided that I wanted to keep my number so it took literally seconds online to port my number to the HTC unit. Now keep in mind that this HTC is only temporary until I get my iPhone 5 unlocked (they have to send a final bill which can take 60 days!!!). Anyway, once its unlocked I am going to put it on T-Mobile because they have a $30 plan which includes unlimited text, data (throttled after 5gb) and 100 minutes. Now since I am getting so used to the Android system I actually may sell the iPhone 5 and get a higher end Android phone. Apple won't be coming out with a new phone for at least a year and if it is a 5"screen it is going to cost big bucks. Decisions decisions.... I despise AT&T and I am annoyed that Apple prices their hardware ridiculously high. Thanks for reading my rant.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones