Porting 2.1

Last Updated:

1. Pcpro745

Pcpro745 Member This Topic's Starter

So i had the mytouch and rooted it and put 2.1 on it, Then switched to the Cliq because it had a physical keyboard, Noticed the cliq doesnt have 2.1 or can put it on it yet its only 1.5, i tried to make a rom for it but im not sure how close im getting here, i used a 2.1 rom from the mytouch and used the radio and boot img from the 1.5 for the cliq. i got the rom to go onto the phone it booted hit the motorola logo then a black backlit screen and nothing else, i can get a few roms to go onto the phone but none boot, Can someone lead me in a direction, i did a nandroid restore back to 1.5 for now just to have my phone back. But any help is appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Advertisement
  2. rok0187

rok0187 Active Member

dame good luck man iam try and build a rom on 2.1 soon if we dont get a good rom or at least a stock update

3. dglowen23

dglowen23 Banned

we will be recieving 2.1 soon most likely end of this month or very beginning of next month because motorola has that the cliq and xt will be recieving the update in Q2... after we recieve that, 2.1 roms should be gettin made like crack babies!!! lol :D

4. TopShelf10

TopShelf10 Well-Known Member

There is a ROM called Eclair2Cliq that successfully runs 2.1 on the cliq. It is only in alpha stage, so some things do not work (Led, vibrate, etc.) but its cool to nandroid and have on your phone just to play around with. You can find the ROM at www.modmymoto.com