• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Porting CWM Recovery to ZTE Supreme/Vital

screemer11

Lurker
Sep 12, 2013
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anybody here would be able to help with porting CWM Recovery over to the ZTE Supreme/Vital (as from what I've read, they have the same recovery and boot img so they should be interchangeable...?). I've already tried using the online builder released by Cyanogen, and I've successfully flashed it to my phone, but there is no GUI displayed when I boot to recovery. The rest of the phone functions perfectly fine, and I am able to flash stock recovery without any repercussions. If somebody that has more experience porting CWM over could help, that would be ideal. As stated before, I have a device on me already rooted and ready for testing, and I have enough experience in adb to pull/push files needed for development as well as some other shell commands for testing.

In advance, here is the recovery.img ripped fresh off of my ZTE Supreme: https://mega.co.nz/#!491UCaLb!I_BPMD7SRhO0jwpKc3XK2Xduwn9Mz1njx8DoxWS39MQ

Thanks!

We need the Kernel Source code in order to be able to build a recovery for this phone.

You can email zte at mobile@zte.com.cn to request that the source code be released.

There is a thread on this and everyone that has emailed them has gotten the same reply.... But unless the source code is released, we'll have as much success as you did.

Reactions: screemer11
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones