Porting from boost

Last Updated:

1. bowlfan912

bowlfan912 Member This Topic's Starter

Picked up the photon 4g lte and I had boost but switched to my parent's family plan. I got a temp number from a sprint store until the porting is done but my question is has anyone had experience on timing of the porting? I heard 24-48 hrs but what have actual people experienced?

Advertisement
  2. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

when i ported my number awhile ago it took all of 2 hours

3. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Time of port varies. Sometime it could be a few hr or days. Mainly depends on you not owing the carrier you're leaving any money.

4. catpowrd

catpowrd Well-Known Member

I had ported a landline number to Nextel 3+ years ago and it took almost a week. When Sprint started shutting down Nextel I tried porting to Sprint and was unsuccessful. They even sent me a letter saying I needed to switch my number to Sprint and get a free dc phone. After trying for months and talking to dozens of cs people they finally said that number can not be ported and would have to get a new number. I walked into the store of a small local carrier and in 2 hours my number was ported to them. So my experience with Sprint/Nextel is that they are bad at porting even between Sprint & Nextel

5. bowlfan912

bowlfan912 Member This Topic's Starter

i talked to cs today but i guess its going to take up to 48 hours and their supposed to be calling me to tell me its completed.

6. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

You'll probably know it's completed way before they make that phone call. I wouldn't hold my breath though waiting on the call. Use another phone and call the number you're porting.

7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

from what I have seen its typically 48-72 hours