• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Porting number from t-mobile?

timelord65

Android Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2011
I just signed up with straight talk. I was told the porting process would be complete by 11:24pm 11/15. Yet I still have no service on ST. How will I know the service is active. I recall t-mobile sent a text when it had finished porting out of Verizon. Will I get a text, or will my phone just get activated at some point? Should I have the ST phone on or off.

Thanks

Porting complete, took about 4 hours once t-mobile got the correct pin/pass from the port request. Apparently the rep misunderstood me and gave the wrong pin/pass. A sales rep called the next morning explaining that the pin/pass wasn't being accepted by t-mobile. She arranged a three-way call where I gave the t-mobile rep my pin. About 4 hours later I got a text saying my straight talk number was now active.

Very impressed with their customer service on this one. :)

Upvote 0
Porting complete, took about 4 hours once t-mobile got the correct pin/pass from the port request. Apparently the rep misunderstood me and gave the wrong pin/pass. A sales rep called the next morning explaining that the pin/pass wasn't being accepted by t-mobile. She arranged a three-way call where I gave the t-mobile rep my pin. About 4 hours later I got a text saying my straight talk number was now active.

Very impressed with their customer service on this one. :)

Awesome. I was to surprised by their customer service when I left the att sim to try the t mobile sim and upon comparing the two and wanting to go back to the att one, they sent me a free Sim in the mail as I thought their sim cards could be used more than once. Apparently they are a one time use. Never the less, they impressed me for sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones