Porting number from t-mobile?

Last Updated: 2013-01-10 20:23:25
  1. timelord65

timelord65 Well-Known Member

I just signed up with straight talk. I was told the porting process would be complete by 11:24pm 11/15. Yet I still have no service on ST. How will I know the service is active. I recall t-mobile sent a text when it had finished porting out of Verizon. Will I get a text, or will my phone just get activated at some point? Should I have the ST phone on or off.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

It can take up to 24hrs. Never heard of them giving adv exact time. When your previous service stops working is when you'll know your st service is ready to go. Until then, just wait. Not up tomorrow(today), then call them.
    timelord65 likes this.
  3. timelord65

timelord65 Well-Known Member

Porting complete, took about 4 hours once t-mobile got the correct pin/pass from the port request. Apparently the rep misunderstood me and gave the wrong pin/pass. A sales rep called the next morning explaining that the pin/pass wasn't being accepted by t-mobile. She arranged a three-way call where I gave the t-mobile rep my pin. About 4 hours later I got a text saying my straight talk number was now active.

Very impressed with their customer service on this one. :)
  4. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Awesome. I was to surprised by their customer service when I left the att sim to try the t mobile sim and upon comparing the two and wanting to go back to the att one, they sent me a free Sim in the mail as I thought their sim cards could be used more than once. Apparently they are a one time use. Never the less, they impressed me for sure.
  5. KaiserM715

KaiserM715 Member

I am going through the same process. Is the pin/pass the same as used for web account access, or different?
  6. KaiserM715

KaiserM715 Member

Ported over just a little bit ago, so yes.