Porting phn# to EVO

Last Updated:

1. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Before i sit on hold with CS just to ask, anyone know the process for porting my old phn# to my new phn? I'm still under a contract with Alltel until Thursday, and i'd like to get that number ported over to my EVO. Do i have Sprint port the number before i cancel my Alltel contract or after? Or can they do it now and just have 2 phns ring that same # when it's called?

Advertisement
  2. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

You will get a new line with Sprint and ask to Port your number from Alltell to Sprint. Sprint will ask for your Alltell account information which you should have handy. Like account number and special access pin or security answer to gain access to your account. They will then start the port process which can take a few hours or so. They may ask you to shutoff the Alltell phone in the meantime so plan for some downtime with no cellphone. Once ported over you can then close the Alltell account.

If you want technical detail here you go: http://support.sprint.com/support/a...umber_to_Sprint/case-wh164052-20100420-140547

takirb likes this.