PortingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Wesley12

Wesley12 Active Member

I was just wondering if it's possible to transfer my phone number (since it's technically a Sprint number) and my phone (EVO V 4G and it's technically the EVO 3D) to Sprint.

The reason I ask is because I have started to work for a local telecommunications company, and they offer a $10/unlimited plan (2 year contract) with Sprint PCS.

Advertisement
  2. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

It doesn't matter who's number it originally was, you can port any number including landlines for the most part, the problem is that the meid/esn of the phone is tied to Virgin and it's running different software, that's what makes it an Evo V instead of a 3d, you can always call and try but to have full functionality you'd have to flash a Sprint rom and I really don't think that they would get involved in your doing that. :rolleyes:
    OB
  3. Wesley12

Wesley12 Active Member

Ah, thank you. The only bad part of the deal is that since I would be saving a lot of money through them, they don't offer the two year discounts or rebates on the phone. So, I would have to pay for the full retail value of the phone. Kind of like what I'm doing now with Virgin but more money.
  4. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

You can always grab one from eBay or Craigslist. :p
    OB