Portrait QWERTY...?

Last Updated:

1. andyrubin

andyrubin Banned This Topic's Starter

Is there any portrait QWERTY models coming down the stretch besides the already announced...?

I know Motorola have several models (CHARM, DROID PRO, SPICE) but I want an open phone (custom ROMs).

The other current/announced models are basically non-existent.

Advertisement
  2. andyrubin

3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Not that I've heard of, aside from what you already mentioned.

Chances are, because of the intended use of the phone style, anything in that category is going to be playing low-ball with the hardware. It's just a funky work-centric type thing aimed at the older age group in the market. Not everybody loves the mini-tablet form factor of the Droid X and Evo, or the big bar style of most Android phones. That or the slide-out keyboard made infamous by middle school to high school girls. Got to love texting while driving. >.>

Not that any of what I just punched in there matters, just my thoughts rambling and rattling on around in my head.

4. andyrubin

I'm not looking for a high-end phone. In fact the CHARM fits the bill very well, I can even do with the low-res screen. But that Motorola has locked the bootloader and prevents true custom ROMs is a big turn-away to me.

5. andyrubin

Now that DROID PRO has been released, anybody who doesn't mind a locked bootloader may take a look...

6. andyrubin