Posessed phone

Last Updated:

1. PCLSM

PCLSM Member This Topic's Starter

Its only just started happening but my screen has pretty much become un responsive then it seems to work fine then goes completely mental, i.e. im not touching it and it moves between the home screens or if im texting it looks like im sliding my finger along the bottom few letters but im not even touching the phone......odd
    i seem to be able to control it without touching the phone, ie when it goes mental i hover my finger over the phone it thinks im touching it, but i cant select anything just stop it from moving all over the place.....
    im gunna get a new one seeing as im insured for a quid a month (renewal deal) but i wanted some thoughts on the situation.....

Thanks,

P

Advertisement
  2. Sumo

Sumo Well-Known Member

In that case you need a young priest and a old priest!

Sounds like the screen is broken,try a reset?

3. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Mine can do this when connected to the PC, yet is fine as soon as it's disconnected.

4. mez

mez Well-Known Member

i had this the other day 27/feb while it was connected to a 3rd party usb plug charging.

i tried multiple resets and none of it worked. then pulled it off charge and pulled the battery (while still on) it was fine. its been fine since i got it bach home and have been using the normal charger.

i think the last reset must of done something while it was connected to a odd charger. i know it shouldnt but its really strange, my phone has been fine since last weekend no problems at all

hows yours working now?

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Are you on the latest firmware too?

The original Tmobile ROM mine came with was buggy as hell, and intermittanlty created dead sections that wouldnt repsond, and others that would react in a different area.

Update cured it. But still have issues if using the phone when connected to a PC

6. zukini

zukini Well-Known Member

Can I seriously suggest a power cycle for the possesed phones as it has solved it a few times.

7. mez

mez Well-Known Member

My phone has stopped doing it now. I'm on the most up to date firmware for orange.

I dont think a powercycle will help tho it won't harm it. My phone gets turned off at least once a day. It had been onforless then 8 hours when I first saw it happen.

I was wondering if it could be anything to do with the power getting to the phone, dirty power. I was using 3rd party charger, person above gets it off usb

8. PCLSM

Im using the normal charger and my firmware is up to date!.....
    whats a power cycle?
    its really strange, im gunna try resetting it as soon as i have figured out how to save my contacts lol i think ill probs put the MoDaCo rom on too... ill let you know how it is whenever ive done it (im pretty busy atm)

9. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

My Hero does this sometimes. It's the trackball maintaining a contact. I find if I move the trackball around briskly in all directions it solves the problem (for a while).

10. Duncs

Duncs Well-Known Member

I find exactly the same thing happens, not very often but kinda annoying when you are trying to txt/email.

11. zukini

zukini Well-Known Member

Power cycle....
    Turn the phone off completely. Take battery out. Put battery in. Turn it on.

Simples

Its fixed my possesed phone a couple of times.

12. PCLSM

YouTube - Possessed HTC Hero

A power cycle nor a hard reset (the video is taken after the reset) helped, a new phone arrives tomoz!

Thanks anyway!

P

13. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

That's some messed up sh....

Best get a priest on standby!

14. eztuxer

eztuxer Member

Man this is spooky.

I'm scarred ! :eek:

15. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Just a thought, but could dirt be under the trackball/buttons

I ran a hoover over mine and some material over the hoover end, and pulled out quite a bit of crud!!!!

Phone is so much more responsive since I've done it.