Posibally leaving Eris for Ally or DevourGeneral

Last Updated: 2010-11-10 05:20:13
  1. BOneill32

BOneill32 Member

I am thinking about getting rid of my HTC Droid Eris for an LG Ally or MOTO Devour

I have heard here that the Devour was a pain and not really worth buying, and i have read mixed feelings about the Ally

And i have used the Eris for a few months now and dont know which phone i should get or if the Eris is the best of the three.

So could you guys who know their droids go through the pros and cons a little bit. The i cant find a site where i can just compare.
    Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

3. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Are those 2 your only options because of the price?

I would take the D1 over all 3 of those. I'm assuming your looking at used phones. If so, dont think that newer is better.

Get the droid
  4. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

The Ally isn't bad. It has a high rez bigger screen too.
  5. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

Reasons to stay away from the devour:
    1. Slowest CPU of the 3
    2. Does not have an autofocus camera like the Eris does (does not work with the barcode apps, it just can't get a clear picture)
    3. Stuck on Android 1.x
    4. Moto Blur
    5. Much lower resolution screen than the D1 and Ally.
    6. It's a Motorola with a locked bootloader.

I think the Ally has the same CPU as the D1, but I'm not 100% sure.
    BOneill32 likes this.
  6. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

Yep same processer on the D1 & Ally. The Eris is a bit pokey compared to the Ally but more compact.
  7. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

So BOneill32, if you ever get the choice, choose the DROID1. If not, stick with the Eris.
  8. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

stick with the eris
  9. BOneill32

BOneill32 Member

Thanks guys,
    Yes i have the Eris and was going to choose the Devour because of cheap prices but that is totally off the list now. My aunt has the Ally and might sell it to me for cheap so i will play with it to see if i liked it but not sure yet. I would really like the D1 that has always been my favorite but i guess i could duke it out with Eris until March when can hopefully get an X.. or a Skynet if droid has that out yet.. :)
    Thanks again everyone