possessed by demon after upgrade

Last Updated:

1. n41076jem

n41076jem Member This Topic's Starter

I followed " Sticky: Guide to Rooting 2.2 for Windows and Linux " . I had a stock 2.1. I worked like a charm. The phone booted, I did have to reset.

With in a short time the touch screen keyboard started going crazy. It locked up. Screen would flash by. Dial random phone numbers. I could only clear by pushing power and then unlocking. Then the problem would start up again.

I did try resetting to factory defaults, not much help.

Thought about loading a different build (rom? sorry I am a newbie) The install abort with a blocking error message. I did notice that the build I used is 76K and the other ones all seem to be 46k.

The slide out keyboard works much better.

An help is appreciated

Advertisement
  2. n41076jem

Think I got it. I dumped the rom FRG22 for LFYv1.2. Got passed the install block msg. Well so far so good.

I need to remember RTFM or in this case RTFF

Jim

3. n41076jem

I installed rom FYv1.41, At first seem to work. Then after a while same problem. Two different rom causing the same problem. I must be something with my driod. I do have an older one,less menory and slower proc.

Started poking around in preferences. Turned off the multiple screens. That seem to do the trick.

Phone is rooted and running 2.2 rom named above

Jim

4. SlaveUnit

SlaveUnit Well-Known Member

It will probably come back. Its a hardware error that has been reported before.

No one really likes to search or read other threads in this forum it seems.

5. n41076jem

I did read and search threads thats for the dig. It difficult to gleam the correct search strings.

As for the problem. The phone was stable on rom2.1 and verzions stock releases. The problem happen after upgrade. I did happen with three different roms. The problem has been gone since I simplified the house keep the os has to do. The phone has been very stable. I have seen the issuse repear twice for a very short period of time. The demon in the keyboard is there but so far I have a leash on it.

I do want to thank you for your imput and your help

Jim

6. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Here's what I found, for my problems with froyo roms:

My droid was freezing and having totally unresponsive screens, softkeys, and even the power button.

I had all kinds of problems with all flavors of froyo, but not with 2.1 roms. After doing it all, Factory Resets, unrooting and waiting (and waiting) for the official OTA, so I could take my Droid in for an exchange, I decided to see if it was a problem with my memory card.

I swapped in a spare 4gb sd card I had and my Droid ran perfect. I tried deleting off a bunch of stuff off my 16gb original sd card and even did a scan and defrag on the card, but it still caused my Droid to freeze on froyo. Ended up formatting the card and my Droid is running perfect now on every rom I've put on it (3 so far). Battery life on Sapphire 1.0.0 with an ulv kernel is amazingly good, better than anything else I've ever used (running at 800/250mhz).

7. n41076jem

Thanks xliderider , it funny after I read this posting. My droid started needing an Exorcism this morning. It has behaving well up to today. I formated and install an 8 gb sd card and so far so go

ji

8. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Glad to help. :)

I almost returned my Droid for a warrant exchange because of all the "problems" I was having.

9. n41076jem

aggh the ghost in the machine is back .I going to try 2 gb sd card