Possessed ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. SGM-CO

SGM-CO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Seems like every day my ring tone goes back to the Verizon default and the screen off function goes back to two minutes.

What the heck is going on?

SGM

Advertisement
  2. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

Are you going into clear your cache and clearing your data?

3. SGM-CO

Nope

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Anyone else with access to your Eris?

Stuff like that. ;)

5. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

It's happening on my phone as well, kind of. I have a custom ringtone for my wife's cell phone (as well as most of my other important contacts). The problem I have is that my phone has forgotten my wife's ringtone, even though the ringtone is still stored on my phone and the ringtone shows as correct under the contact information.

I have changed the ringtone for her her contact info and reset it; deleted the ringtone, readded it, and then reset it; cussed out my phone at every opportunity; and everything else I can think of to no avail. It works for approximately one day then goes back to the default ringtone.

I think I'm gonna name my Eris Christine after the Stephen King novel and movie. I almost think my phone is jealous of my wife.

All of my other contacts are fine.

6. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

If it is just the one contact going Wonky on you, I would suspect the ringtone. Try assigning her a different custom ringtone for a few days to see if the issue persists.

7. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

I did. I left the default ringtone up for almost a week before deleting, reloading, and changing it back to hers.

I just tell my wife that since I didn't hear her specific ringtone, I thought I was getting some random call (wrong number, solicitation, et al.). For the time being, she has bought that as an excuse.

8. SGM-CO

I decided to do a full reset this morning. We'll see if the issue persists. If so, maybe I'll head over to Best Buy and get another one. $22 wasted on my Zagg cover!!!