• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Possessed phone

shaggymatt

Oct 29, 2009
Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, I didn't see anything when I searched. I first saw this condition when leaving Best Buy using Nav on the drive back to work. The screen began jumping around, like it was trying to scroll but it was locked.

This past weekend, it occurred once when the phone was locked on the pattern mode. With the phone laying on a table, or in my hand, the green drawing line was literally connecting the dots on its own. Being well versed coming from a Blackberry, the standard battery pull was in order.

Haven't yet been able to determine a cause. Late last week when it happened once I was able to check free memory and that was standing at 41mb.

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, I didn't see anything when I searched. I first saw this condition when leaving Best Buy using Nav on the drive back to work. The screen began jumping around, like it was trying to scroll but it was locked.

This past weekend, it occurred once when the phone was locked on the pattern mode. With the phone laying on a table, or in my hand, the green drawing line was literally connecting the dots on its own. Being well versed coming from a Blackberry, the standard battery pull was in order.

Haven't yet been able to determine a cause. Late last week when it happened once I was able to check free memory and that was standing at 41mb.

Did you have it connected to a third party charger? In your car and at your house? That can do it.

Upvote 0
Good call. One of the times, yes. My Blackberry Storm had the same micro USB, so it was a RIM charger.

The other two times, no.

Friend has a jumping nav screen, too. He thought it might just be the nav cradle.

I wonder if once they go "jumping/possessed", if there's hardware damage at that point.

IIRC he has some call volume issues, one that I remember was call volume full blast and could NOT turn the volume down.

Upvote 0
No volume issues here, other than not being able to get it low enough!

I have a long road trip tomorrow for Thanksgiving. Will use the AC adapter while in the car and see if I have any jumpiness. I haven't had any since the last battery pull, but I also haven't been hooked up to the RIM charger.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any output specs specific to the RIM 9530 charger. Just that the industry standard is ~5volts around 300-400 mAh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones