Possibility of HTC launching the Bravo (or PassionC) in January?

Last Updated:

1. prpqmnj

prpqmnj Member This Topic's Starter

After reading the speculation sheet over the Nexus One and the Bravo, and both of them being quite similar... perhaps too similar, makes me ponder the thought that Google will release the Nexus One w/ VOIP on T-Mobile, and HTC will release a regular CDMA version on Verizon (most likely)

It would make sense... one device from Google running 2.1, on GSM and then another device on CDMA... Now I know this isn't entirely new information, but no one has explored the possibility of it yet. HOWEVER, the lack of FCC information makes me a bit nervous...

Advertisement
  2. onion

onion Banned

Simple. No one knows.

End of thread.

3. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Well, everything out there including all the threads on here are 80% speculation, 20% leaked info. Should we all stop posting?

End of subforum. :rolleyes:

4. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

This guy makes it sound like it's possible.

Read the whole thread here: http://androidforums.com/verizon/20477-any-new-verizon-androids-before-january.html

As always, take what you read with a grain (or several grains) of salt.

5. pequeajim

pequeajim Well-Known Member

It always cracks me up to read the post of "inside knowledge" from certain people. I guess the pride of talking about facts instead of rumors is long lost in today's world.

Many people posting continue to look like misinformed idiots, but keep on spreading the rumors in hopes of scoring.

6. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

Sorry this thread doesn't live up to the great threads on Android Forums for you, such as "I want this phone NOW, not tomorrow!"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. cdmta

cdmta Well-Known Member

^love it

8. Re4son

Re4son Well-Known Member

or maybe bravo will go to att, this could be one of their first android phones. it could also go to sprint, why do u say most likely verizon, sprint is CDMA too. why dont you explore the possibility of sprint? i have seen NO info or rumors that say Bravo is going to a certain carrier except tmobile(non-U.S) except your unfounded speculation. you should be nervous, because there is very little to no info to support your theory.;)

9. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

there's been speculation that the incredible is going to VZW, and that the incredible is the US version of the UK bravo.

10. Re4son

Re4son Well-Known Member

because of the phrase about "the incredible delivers" in the bravo specs? i think people are lookiing too much into that. the g2 is never referenced as the mytouch in europe when advertised and vice versa even though they are the same phone. In that spec sheet the name of the device is the "HTC Bravo" NOT "the incredible".

11. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

The thing is that the "typo" actually appears twice (link). Maybe that doesn't mean what we want it to mean (that Bravo = Incredible = VZW), but I sure hope it does, for vanity reasons mostly and because it has an optical trackpad which blackberry users seem to really like, especially for browsing.

12. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Nothing out there to make me nervous. More info has been leaked about Verizon getting something along these lines while absolutely nothing has hit the interweb about AT&T or Sprint. Besides, Sprint tends to pre-announce something well in advance (we knew officially about the HTC Hero like 5 weeks before it was released). If Sprint is getting anything, it's probably at least a month or two off.