• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Possible 4.3 problem

I got my nexus 4 a couple of days ago and within an hour it updated to 4.3, JWR66Y.
my isp is sky.com and whilst I have no problems sending or receiving emails using outlook 2013, I do have a weird problem when receiving emails on the nexus. Sometimes I will receive an email with no subject, which could lead me to believe that they are dodgy emails!
Checking my online account I find that there is a subject with these emails. I have contacted LG and they have passed it on to their R & D department as they haven't come across this problem before and believe it may be a glitch with the 4.3 update.
I wonder if anyone else has had this problem or had any ideas of it's cause?
Regards all.

You don't say but I'm assuming you use the inbuilt "email" app on your Nexus, an app that has all sorts of issues with a number of email services judging by the number of issues reported here.

Best advice is to use one of the many available alternative email apps available from the Google Play, or a dedicated app for the specific email service if one is available. From personal experience I'd start by looking at Maildroid or K9 Mail (there are lots of others though) and pick which has the best UI for your purposes.

I use only Gmail these days and have the Gmail server set to collect mail from my other accounts and deliver it through Gmail; it works well (for me) and the Gmail app is solid and reliable. I had given up on the "email" app long before the 4.3 update but found Maildroid to be a reliable (and much better-featured) replacement for the appalling inbuilt app if that's what you currently use.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response John,
I presume I am using the inbuilt app as I just use the phone settings to 'add' the account. I then manually enter the settings as I have done on all my previous android phones( all HTC Desire range and HTC one). This is the first time this problem has arisen which is why I believe it is linked to the 4.3 update. It is not really an inconvenience with this happening, but it would be nice to resolve it.
By the way is there any way to forward one of these emails without opening it? As soon as it is opened it shows the subject!
Regards
David

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones