Possible bad CPU in my Photon?General

Last Updated:

1. jenwilly

jenwilly Member

I just ran the Quadrant benchmark on a used Photon I got off of ebay, and I only got a score approx. 2100. I noticed that the CPU tests took FOREVER; the Epic 4G Touch I was running with it neck and neck was done with the entire test before the Photon even completed the CPU tests. The E4GT ended up with a score of approx. 3500.

Does this sound kind of fishy, like maybe something is wrong with the handset? I used to own a Photon last year, and I don't remember my old phone being this slow and buggy. My old Photon got better signal reception than my current E4GT, which is why I bought this thing off of eBay in the first place as a possible replacement (and travel phone)...

Advertisement
  2. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

Benchmark tests are not necessarily reflective of the overall performance of your phone. Some tests favor specific hardware,which could be the case here.

Bottom line :

If you are otherwise happy w/the performance of your phone, I wouldn't worry about benchmark scores.
  3. crosspatch

crosspatch Well-Known Member

I would think that other things running in the background could also affect the benchmark results...
    KOLIO likes this.
  4. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

Absolutely! IMHO,the best time to run a benchmark is right after a factory reset,before restoring all you apps,etc....
  5. jenwilly

jenwilly Member

It was just after a factory reset. The CPU tests took WAY longer than they should have...
  6. Sen2012

Sen2012 Active Member

Well, the benchmark I took had the E4GT cpu faster than the Photon, but the photons GPU was superior. So, to me, it evens out. That said, I couldn't be happier with my photon. I take relief in knowing my reception and call quality, which is the most important, is FAR superior to anything Samsung could put out.
    KOLIO likes this.