• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Possible Battery Issue / Charger

D

Deleted User

Early adopter troubles here!

I bought the EVO on opening day, and unfortunately the micro USB port broke and I was left with an unchargeable phone. I thankfully pay for the insurance plan but one half released water detector and they won't touch it which means $100 deductable. I opened it up to see the damage and the micro usb clearly came off. I couldn't find a replacement port online so I resulted in buying a battery charger online. However now the battery only lasts a few hours and drains rapidly. Could the battery be shorted or am I missing something. It is the holiday season and I only have 6 months before I can buy a new phone anyway.

Any ideas?

I took it to the Sprint Repair Center and they are the ones who told me to fork over $100. The water indicator on the bottom rim of the back cover is half exposed and they deemed it water damage. There was no water damage on the inside nor was the indicator on the inside exposed.

Upvote 0
I took it to the Sprint Repair Center and they are the ones who told me to fork over $100. The water indicator on the bottom rim of the back cover is half exposed and they deemed it water damage. There was no water damage on the inside nor was the indicator on the inside exposed.

how long ago was the question? and do you have any other repair centers nearby? was it a corporate repair center. I only ask because so many have taken their phones in recently and had them fixed on the spot

still looking for that thread with the link to the proper usb

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/213641-broken-evo-charge-port.html

Upvote 0
how long ago was the question? and do you have any other repair centers nearby? was it a corporate repair center. I only ask because so many have taken their phones in recently and had them fixed on the spot
I took it in last week. Took a few days to get the battery charger in the mail and in turn right this post. I could try another repair spot.

Thanks, I might give that a shot. My only concern is that if after I fix it, the battery still drains very quickly.

Upvote 0
yeah the battery drain could be a number of things. have you looked into this possibly being an app issue etc

spare parts
juice plotter
system panel

all great tools. have you used any of them yet to track it? I get the impression it just started

Yeah before the charging port essentially "came out," I could get a day's worth of usage with decent app and data usage and would be dead by about 7pm. Right now it's at 23% (100% this morning at 9) and I have only used it to text.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones