jacko1 Well-Known Member

the ongoing issue with battery manager force closing
    my fix is that i go into application/running services/ clear data
    and problem is corrected havent had an issue in 2 days
    hopes this helps you guys

Advertisement
  2. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Nothing seems to work for me, outside of using it for awhile throughout the day. Then it seems to magically work again.
  3. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Same, it seems to be completely random for me. It works fine 90% of the time, but when it starts FCing, nothing seems to fix it but time.
  4. eulerphi8

eulerphi8 Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but this has always worked for me. After a force close I just need to plug it into a wall outlet. I suppose the batter log resets itself or something because it works fine afterwords no matter if it is plugged in or not. After rebooting the phone, I also need to plug it in at least once before the battery manager will work.
  5. mike145

mike145 Well-Known Member

Nothing is helping my battery problem, and I have an extended battery.
  6. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Clearing the data has never worked for me.
  7. jacko1

jacko1 Well-Known Member

on my 3rd still no issue
  8. Trooper

I did another factory reset Friday night. Its still happening, but it does seem hit and miss as to when it works.

I did notice that it started happening AFTER I installed LP though. Can't say for certain if this is causing the problem however. I've also not reinstalled WL until Kevin updates it.
  9. iresq

iresq Active Member

Did you do the clean reset?
  10. jacko1

jacko1 Well-Known Member

i clear the battery manager at the applications settings
  11. Trooper

Yes sir I did.
  12. igotgame

igotgame Well-Known Member

When mine does that I use "Clear Cache" app on my rooted phone....seems to work everytime.
  13. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

14. queenrocks77

queenrocks77 Well-Known Member

Haven't tried clearing the data. I'll try it and see if it works.
  15. amoeller

amoeller Member

I think I may have found something. Since I upgraded to Froyo with the leaks and now to OTA I have never got the battery manager to work. 100% failure. I tried something that fixed it for me. In Clockwork recovery I went to advanced then reset battery stats. Then I cleared cache partition. For the clear cache I don't think this matters but who knows. I restarted my phone and dam, it works now. I did cold restarts to the phone and so far no force close.

Hope it helps.
    Exiled and Trooper like this.
  16. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

This worked for me. I was just able to go into battery manager and look at the usage statistics for the first time without a FC. Nice find.
  17. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

One thing that I noticed was after I did a cache clear to fix my MP3 issue my battery manager broke. Force closes every time I would try to open it. Then I did another cache wipe, and both of them worked. Something is definitely a little off with 2.2 but all my problems have been fixed by cache wipes so far.
  18. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm seeing the fc issue for the first time, and want to try this fix but don't see the option to clear the data under running services. Is it specific to the battery manager? Because I don't have that as a running service either.
  19. jacko1

jacko1 Well-Known Member

Under running services go to battery manager then go to clear data
  20. Trooper

Can I do this via Droid X Bootstrapper?

Do I choose Bootstrap recovery or reboot recovery?

Thanks!
  21. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

It's not listed under my running services. But my battery ran down to zero last night and the phone died, I plugged it in and then powered it back on once it picked up some charge, and so far no more fc.

Wait. Got it. It's not under Application Settings/Running Services, it's under Application Settings/Manage Applications/ Running (tab). Evidently two different lists, has a bunch more under the latter than the former.

eta - Well crap! It worked fine while it was plugged in, but unplug it and it fc's. Tried clearing the data (now that I found it) and that didn't work either. Oh well. I don't spend a lot of time checking that anyway, just check the charge level on BatteryLife. Hate it when something doesn't work right though, makes me wonder what else isn't working correctly either.
  22. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

Maybe has to do with what is running. You can also dial *#*#4636#*#* and get detailed battery, gps, network etc usage. Certain threads will force close it too when you go to look at the details of which thread is connected to which application.
  23. Trooper

Just tried this as well and so far so good! Thanks man! :)
  24. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

I can't believe it, but this actually WORKED!!! Thank you!! I can't even remember the last time I saw the battery manager work. Must have tried almost 100 times on various versions of 2.2 leak and ota and never got it to work. awesome :)
  25. avlfive

avlfive Member

Anyone that's tried the Battery Stats clear from ClockWorkMod Recovery, has it came back? Every "fix" that I've used has ended up working for a little bit and then I'd start getting the FCs again. I'm definitely gonna give this a shot though.